No announcement yet.

The Heart of Darkness - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1030 - Brookside Saint Laurence v Bethel United - Thames Valley Churches League. (Burghfield nuclear bomb factory sports club)

1300 - British Army v London Chargers - Rugby League Challenge Cup round 2 (Aldershot Milatary Tattoo Stadium)

1500 - Ascot United Reserves v Eversley & California Reserves - Suburban League (Ascot Racecourse)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
      1500 - Ascot United Reserves v Eversley & California Reserves - Parallel Universe League (Ascot Racecourse)
      Fixed your post for you.

Comment

Bang in form Shrewsbury v bang in form Plymouth.

Heady times.

Comment

Hey GO, you going to Fisher then? Looks like I 'll be there with a crony.

Comment

Originally posted by Corieltauvian View Post
            Bolehall Swifts vs Hinckley.

It’s going to rain and I’m told Bolehall’s pitch is crap, so maybe it won’t be on. Which would probably suit some Hinckley directors as a few supporters would quite like a chat about how it is they’ve managed to agree an extension of our current groundsharing agreement at Heather without having held a binding vote of the membership.
            Another game off. Hinckley have only played three times since Boxing Day, none of them at home.

Comment

Nothing happening churches wise. I'm not sure any games actually get played at Ibis anymore. Third wash out of the season.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Better luck with the proper rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                  Hey GO, you going to Fisher then? Looks like I 'll be there with a crony.
                  I am indeed here. Are you?

Comment

KFU, after largely dominating play, finally put the ball in the net. Offside...

Comment

Sadly not there, short of cash, and no cashpoints nearer than canada water, where we are now. Going to have to sack it off

Comment

Goal-free at half time. You've not missed much...

Comment

Early second half penalty to KFU. 0-1.

Comment

A last minute chnge of plans by Mrs JP means I haven't gone to Y Cae Ras today so am listening to it on the internet ... it does seem like we're "doing a Wrexham" i.e. having impressed over the last few weeks, gone top, attracted a decent crowd, controlled the game and then scored first ... we're fucking it up.

Comment

Fair play to the Fisher fans; despite a very ordinary display, they've barely stopped singing. Not sure that I've ever heard singing at this level before...

Comment

Good run down the wing and cross. 0-2.

Comment

Very similar makes it 0-3.

Comment

By the way, this appears to be the home of Millwall Lionesses rather than Fisher, going by the advertising hoardings.

Comment

And some football to end the day.

The railings on the left are actually the starting straight for the racecourse.

Comment

Needlessly complicated signs at football.

Comment

Finished 0-3. And my sense of direction was shot, so I got a bus going south. Still, I'm on a Met going the right way now...

Comment

Why before Saturday and Sunday before 1pm? When does the restriction start? Is this like asking when it is safe to feed a Gremlin?

Comment

Maltby Main 3-2 Parkgate

Maltby made hard work of this considering they were 3-1 up after half an hour. Their third goal was one of the best I've seen this season, the striker chest trapped and volleyed from outside the box into the corner. "We didn't know he could fucking do that either" said the Maltby assistant. After the interval Parkgate had slope advantage and Maltby never got going. The pitch wasn't conducive to good football, after the morning rain it had dried a bit and rather a lot of the top came off. Obviously the NCEL is renowned for tiki-taka football on billiard table surfaces in normal circumstances.

First game for absolutely ages that didn't need the floodlights turning on, which was pleasing.

Comment

95th minute equaliser for Bury? After they went 2-1 down to ten men on 88? While you’re in the home stand? Isn’t it? You know. Marvellous. Our chairman saw me and called me by my name too.

Comment

Went to Mersey Royal v Marshalls Reserves in Division Three of the West Cheshire League. Royal play on a 3G pitch at Wirral Tennis Centre from where you can see some warehouses and the railway. Pretty dull first half then got better in the second in which Marshalls scored twice. Referee just about kept control, perhaps surprisingly sending off just one of the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                                    Bang in form Shrewsbury v bang in form Plymouth.

Heady times.
                                                    Plymouth far more in form today. They out-Shrewsbury-ed Shrewsbury, choked our midfield, starved our forwards, harassed our defence, scored a nice goal set up with a simple, deft touch and snaffled up a half-chance to deservedly take the three points. Despite missing a penalty. No complaints.

Blackburn the only side in the top four to scrabble so much as a point today. Rotherham looking well dangerous.

Who are we playing next week...?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X