The new Kickaround with a WSC on the outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Kickaround with a WSC on the outside

The jokes are better than on the WSC cover. I liked the 'how to take a corner' one.

I thought that looked pretty terrible really. I half think it's just a piss take of Match.

First time I remember Shrewsbury being match of the month. Of course they didn't deign to come down Montgomery Waters Meadow. It's only Shrewsbury's most exciting season since 1979. No, instead it's off to Blackburn because the old 'Premier League club fallen on hard times' angle is the real story. They do the same with Portsmouth in the Kickaround section. Bloody starfuckers.

And someone has ripped off a forum thread for an article about football myths. Good going.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      And someone has ripped off a forum thread for an article about football myths. Good going.
      Well, it's kind of their forum. You could always start up your own mag, though, if you feel strongly about it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to start my own. With blackjack! And hookers!

Comment

Sounds very Shrewsbury.

Comment

Shrewsbury is known for blackjack and hookers? A friend lived there for a few years, but he told me he was studying to be a priest. I think I'm going to have to have a conversation with him.

Comment

Actually, I've never been to Shrewsbury. Almost did, once - some lads on my hall-of-residence football team at university were driving there for a game one Saturday and asked me along. But I couldn't be arsed. True story, that.

Comment

The one I started?

Comment

I've been to Shrewsbury once, for a Friday night match in the mid 90s or so. In a park there was a statue of Hercules which had suffered two indignities at the hands of local vandals: the slicing off of his cock and balls, and the spray painting over of the name Hercules on the plinth, replacing it instead with Colin.

After the match I and my mate went to a random pub. There was an old boy on the door who said, "Just you on your own, lads?" "Er... yeah." "Right you are, in you go," and there was a lock-in.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                    Sounds very Shrewsbury.
                    I'm sure Lincoln will be Match of the Month again before the end of the season. Don't you worry.

Comment

I enjoyed the references to Shrewsbury in Cameron Carter's TV watch though. Just about sums it up.

Comment

I enjoyed the references to Shrewsbury in Cameron Carter's TV watch though. Just about sums it up.
                        It's all bloody Shrewsbury this month. Leave some room for the less successful clubs, guys.

Comment

When was the last time the cover featured something other than 'Big Football' (Premier League / international teams / household name managers)?

Comment

Sutton United and Lincoln City were on the March 2017 cover.

Comment

More recent than I thought then.

Comment

Lincoln, eh?

Comment

Yeah, teams have to do something quite outstanding to be featured ahead of Premier League clubs in the mag.

Comment

lol

Comment

Interesting take in the Blackburn match report. Apparently the missile throwing exchange between the Shrewsbury keeper and the Blackburn fans was started by the keeper.

I wonder if the Northampton keeper started it in the next game as well.

Also it takes 2 pages before it starts talking about the match. I've noticed this in a few of the reports - more like Potted Club History of the Month.

Comment

I like that about MOTM. No one's really interested in a kick-by-kick account of a game from six weeks ago, are they? Especially when it's Shrewsbury. (Lincoln would be a different story, though.)

Comment

Something about tactics, who's in the squad etc is interesting. Why are Shrewsbury above Blackburn in the table at that point, based on how they play? Do we really need to be told that Blackburn were doped to a Premier League title 23 years ago and the Venkys have been a disaster?

Comment

Please be patient, but what is the Kickaround and where can I find it? Anyone got a link? The only thing I can see on the interwebs is a podcast from Dallas. Now I know Shrewsbury are proud of their worldwide fan base but I can't see them on the cover of a Texas-based audio file.

Comment

Kickaround is a new kids' football magazine from WSC, the first issue of which is packaged as a supplement to this month's WSC, Aitch.

Comment

Is it all PL-focused or is there stuff of interest for the discerning young Derby, Wigan, Bradford or York fan, say?

Comment

There's non PL stuff there. Ipswich and Portsmouth.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X