No announcement yet.

Possible record-breaking-snowman melting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbefuckinglievable. Is there anything they can't do?

Comment

Frankly, it is a bit tawdry talking of prizes now. Some of us are coming to terms with losing a friend. Sure, we only knew him since January 30th, and he tended to keep himself to himself, but a friend nonetheless.

Big thanks to ad hoc for a highly diverting thread.

Comment

RIP Snowman.

Comment

Yes, brave Snowman. We're all a little wiser, a little kinder, a little better at estimating rates of snow-melting, for having known him.

Well done ursus.

Comment

Seems to me that the only proper way to celebrate this is for me to buy a round for you lot at tomorrow’s ‘thon.

Given the slight matter of my being 5000 km away, if someone can front the cash, I can PayPal reimbursement on Thursday.

Comment

Well done Ursus,only 42 days out,but next time someone asks me to estimate the decline of a giant Romanian snowman,I'll be ready

Comment

Well done, ursus collective. Chapeau.

And again, well done to the kids of ad hoc's village for creating that giant beastie in the first place.

Comment

Congrats to Ursus and many thanks to ad hoc for starting this in the first place and providing pictorial updates as to progress of the demise. Huge fun and a reminder why this place is so special.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                    Congrats to Ursus and many thanks to ad hoc for starting this in the first place and providing pictorial updates as to progress of the demise. Huge fun and a reminder why this place is so special.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Is there something that they would like, ad hoc? Given they've given so much pleasure and entertainment to people all over the world it would be nice to return the favour somehow.

Comment

However cool they thought their old man was before, I can assure you that his running a world-wide snowman melting pool has only raised his esteem in their eyes.

Comment

I wasn't thinking of the hoclets but the boys who built the snow man in the first place,

Comment

Nef's talking about the kids in the village not my kids. They barely know I exist (except as that foreigner). It's a nice thought. Let me think about it.

Comment

The vague promise of being 'internet famous' is astoundingly motivational to certain age groups.

Comment

I've only just caught up with the news. Congratulations ursus, and condolences indeed to the good people of ad hoc's locale on the loss of their giant snowy friend. Good innings, though.

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                RIP Snowman.
                                Ashes to ashes, slush to slush.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Seems to me that the only proper way to celebrate this is for me to buy a round for you lot at tomorrow’s ‘thon.
                                  Snowballs all round!

Congrats UA, and thanks again ad hoc.

Comment

Comment

Snowman is an island.

Comment

Working...
                                      X