Super Big Premier Bashing T20 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Big Premier Bashing T20 thread

A place for us to snark, comment or muse about the franchise T20 leagues dotted around the calendar. The Australians are having their Big Bash at the moment and I think the IPL draft is coming up soon. But basically I just wanted somewhere to post a link to this catch, which is great but spoiled by the twatty celebration.
    https://www.bigbash.com.au/video/lau...hts/2018-01-22

Sure, it's a decent grab but how reliable is his long barrier?

Comment

What is so bad about the celebration? I mean, if you accept football style celebrations at all in cricket it’s no worse than, say, Tom Curran’s trademark one.

Comment

Somehow bowlers doing it doesn't offend me as much. Silly, I know.

Comment

The teams are fake collections of individuals so the camaraderie comes across as false. A Test team is different because those players are on tour for five or six months and representing a history going back a century or more.

Franchise cricket is shit and damages the sport. I don't think that can change.

Comment

I'll be honest, though, this semi final has quite a good finish here (BT Sport 2).

Comment

178 beats 177. Yep, that was a tight one. But, as noted above, they even mentioned how four of the players on the losing team had played in previous BBL editions for the other side.

Comment

Hales has set a new record in the UAE T10 (not a typo) tournament.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...-record-holder

Comment

Morgan hearts T10.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ant-t10-format

How much is he paid to say that?

Comment

Eoin Morgan would be well cast in The Terminator. Relentless efficient but you barely see a trace of emotion.

Comment

FreeSports are showing live matches from the Global T20 League in Canada at the moment.

Comment

I know the weather is rubbish and we're not guaranteed getting any cricket but I'd hoped that there'd be more people at the Oval for Surrey v Southern. Oh alright, Surrey Stars v Southern Vipers. Nope that's bad too.

Anyway, given the large number of people who were at the T20 for friends and drinking why aren't they here tonight?

Comment

Ah crap. Abandoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                            I know the weather is rubbish and we're not guaranteed getting any cricket but I'd hoped that there'd be more people at the Oval for Surrey v Southern. Oh alright, Surrey Stars v Southern Vipers. Nope that's bad too.

Anyway, given the large number of people who were at the T20 for friends and drinking why aren't they here tonight?

SEXIST!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X