Hatfield of Sorrow? Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatfield of Sorrow? Weekend matchgoing

Rayners Lane v Hatfield Town. Unless the pitch freezes over...

Hope to get to deepest Essex for a Bostik Lge. game?

Comment

Eredivisie football resumes after the winter break. Utrecht v AZ this evening, sixth v third. Utrecht lost their trainer/coach to Ajax during the break. (Erik ten Hag was probably the finest trainer Utrecht have ever had. He introduced a sense of purpose, discipline and professionalism to a club habitually caught short by cronyism, back slapping and muddling through. He learnt the finer points of the trade as manager of Bayern Munich's reserves when Pep Guardiola was in charge of the first team. His position was taken by Mr Utrecht and all-round good-for-a-laugh-and-a-red-card guy Jean-Paul de Jong.) Utrecht also face Feyenoord (current champions) and Ajax (trainer poachers) in the next week. Gulp!

Comment

Quiet weekend, just Wimbledon v Blackpool.

The Dons have a new striker in Joe Piggott from Maidstone (anyone?) who, from the video I've seen of him, doesn't appear to the be the target man everyone was hoping for despite being 6' 2".

Comment

Turf Moor for Worm Eaters FC vs Massive Vanity Purchase PLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            The Dons have a new striker in Joe Piggott from Maidstone (anyone?) who, from the video I've seen of him, doesn't appear to the be the target man everyone was hoping for despite being 6' 2".
            The name rung a bell, and on checking he was indeed at Cambridge last season. That I had to look up to confirm should tell you everything about that spell; anodyne and anonymous. He came from Charlton with a decent amount of positive talk as a talented kid, but quickly drifted out of the team and then the club. However Wimbledon have had success with underwhelming ex-Cambridge forward recently (T Elliott) so maybe...

Comment

Yeah, the Cambridge link with Elliot was something that I clung to as well. To be fair to him, he seems to have had good spells with Southend and Maidstone but only really scored goals at the latter and I was expecting a player more obviously in the Elliot/Akinfenwa mould.

Comment

I might go to Mainz v Stuttgart. Then again, it's forecast to be very cold, so I Mainz not.

Comment

We'll be in Karlsruhe tomorrow, and KSC have a home game against Unterhaching. I quite like the Wildparkstadion but it doesn't have a whole lot of cover, and the weather forecast is for cold, wet and miserable conditions. So I have a feeling I'll decide not to yomp up to the ground and freeze my knackers off on a near-deserted expanse of terracing, and go for a beer somewhere in town instead...

Comment

Glad to see you both survived Friederike in any event.

Some of the video is quite insane.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 19-01-2018, 14:43.

Comment

Shrewsbury v TheLikesOfDoncaster tomorrow. Hoping the Town bounce back from the defeat to Blackburn last week and the cup replay hasn't taken too much out of the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        Shrewsbury v TheLikesOfDoncaster tomorrow. Hoping the Town bounce back from the defeat to Blackburn last week and the cup replay hasn't taken too much out of the boys.
                        If you score more than one goal the you should be fine. We're developing a worrying trend of needing to create about twelve chances to get a single goal.

Comment

Going to Manchester, preferably for Old Mancunians v Old Boltonians, but for weather related reasons more likely to go to Manchester Gregorians v East Manchester.

Comment

Those are both football games, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                              Manchester Gregorians v East Manchester.
                              Top notch chanting there, I'd imagine?

Having had a stinking cold all week, I'll be missing one of Walsall's currently infrequent visits to the capital at Charlton tomorrow.

Comment

Stevenage v Carlisle for me - first trip to Broadhall Way.

Comment

Very rare trip to the eastern end of the island for Boulevard Blazers vs Somerset Trojans on Sunday at Lords (the St David's version), with both teams battling relegation this season. Only second visit there in nearly 8 years over here.

Comment

I'll be at the Charlton vs Walsall game. Feeling a bit "meh" about it, but if you have low expectations you can't be too disappointed?

Comment

Just about recovered from a lengthy bout of Australian flu so I’ve declared myself fit for Reading v Brentford.

Unfortunately, the Majeski Stadium is probably the worst awayday in the Championship.

Comment

90% sure I'll go to Burnham Ramblers v Clapton.

Comment

Another winter friendly, and a cross-border one this time ; Zilina vs Banik Ostrava. It's an easy trip from Ostrava to here, so I hope Banik bring a few of their fans along, to create some semblance of atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                            90% sure I'll go to Burnham Ramblers v Clapton.
                                            Don't do it, Burnham is a terrible place to watch football. That said the train ride out there is good fun and the town is wonderful down by the waterfront. But the football ground, tick it off and don't go there again.

Comment

Accrington Stanley v Port Vale for me. It will be cold and Vale's manager has banned his players from wearing gloves. There should be a decent crowd and a chance to watch the new intake of players run up and down the touchline before coming on with 3 minutes to play

Comment

Loughton Manor v The 61FC (Luton) for me, being staged at one of Milton Keynes’ most significant football facilities - New Bradwell St Peter, which has more or less been unused since NBSP folded in the summer. Loughton Manor have run into problems with their own ground and so have shifted to New Bradwell for the rest of the season.

Comment

It's snowing in Shrewsbury. Can't remember the last time I saw a game where it was snowing.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X