England's redemption Down Under? Aus ODIs & NZ Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    I wish i could find it in myself to give a shit about ODIs.
    A shame for you that it’s been England’s absolute focus for a number of years.

Which reminds me, the reason for that focus goes on sale soon.

Comment

Arsebiscuits!

Comment

25 out of 50 done: 150/3 (121 more needed).

Comment

I know people were complaining about TMS during the test series but it is really thin gruel now.

With all the frontline commentators gone home, a small number of second-stringers are toiling through far too many overs each with only Jim Maxwell’s stints offering any respite. The Jameses Anderson and Taylor aren’t setting the summarisers chair alight either.

They haven’t even bothered with a statistician at all, which is doubly a pity as their ODI one Andy Zaltzman would liven things up considerably.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-01-2018, 10:09.

Comment

Starc gets Buttler there. Getting closer to the line but England need to avoid the jitters now.

Comment

Shit. Shitty shitty shit shit.

Comment

Ali too Sadly for Australia Starc only has 2 more balls to bowl

Comment

Lovely strokes from Woakes here.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Sadly for Australia
                    Never say that!

Comment

w00t!

Comment

Root fails to convert again.

Comment

haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            A shame for you that it’s been England’s absolute focus for a number of years.

Which reminds me, the reason for that focus goes on sale soon.
                            They still haven't worked out how to stop England fucking up in the World Cup, though.

Comment

And even in the dress rehearsal last year. Ray set that one up beautifully.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              England have the trophy won, surely? They look several notches above all the other countries and everything is opening up ahead of them with supposedly threatening sides like Australia, NZ and one of India or South Africa heading home*.

They're going to have to have some kind of disaster to stop them and they don't seem prone to them any more in this format.

* I can't see the weather forcing the abandonment of both games in their group.
                              As you said at the time, England need to be able to adapt their game to trickier conditions better. If it's straightforward, they'll steamroller most sides.
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 19-01-2018, 12:20.

Comment

One of my finest googlies, that.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder on World Cup tickets Ray. I presume you'll be attending every single match, while watching speedway and non-league friendlies in the evenings.

Anyway, England are by no means a shoo-in for the World Cup. Australia weren't at full strength today, South Africa out-hit us two years ago on their turf and the way Pakistan completely out-thought England in the Champions Trophy semi suggests there are lots of ways England can be beaten

Comment

I really like Charles Dagnell and Ebony Rainford-Brent for ODIs. A couple of old mates sharing a beer and some wisecracks. I think it's also evident they care much more about ODIs than Agnew also, who talks about them like they're a diverting pastime.

Dagnell for Tests I'm not keen on at all*–*horses for courses.

Comment

I think they're both alright but they're being stretched very thin by the sheer amount of time they're on air (or at least it's felt like that) and the double act is starting to wear on me.

Comment

England's score isn't going to be quite so imposing today unless Buttler and Woakes can do something special at the end here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                          England's score isn't going to be quite so imposing today unless Buttler and Woakes can do something special at the end here.
                                          Prophetic

Comment

Could be a struggle to defend without Plunkett now though.

Comment

"England injury news: Liam Plunkett is having his left hamstring iced and is unlikely to return" - Cricinfo.

Thankfully Finch is out now.

Comment

Australia on top, comparing the worm graphs. The thing will be whether or not they can accelerate the run rate later.

Comment

Well, that's a bit controversial. Smith out, but the replays seemed to suggest the ball touched down before being caught though not conclusively enough to overrule the call.

Comment

Lovely flat ball from Rashid and Marsh holes out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X