England's redemption Down Under? Aus ODIs & NZ Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/976639233715777536?s=21

They have outscored the Lions, so they have that going for them.

Comment

Hold on, 23-8 ...

Comment

That was a spectacular catch!

Comment

Shame this is happening on a weekday afternoon in the concrete bowl. Still, the "I was there" crowd" will grow over the years.

1887. Flabbergasted.

Comment

Forget 1887, England are leaving the records intact now. Last wicket partnership saves the day.

Neil Wagner must have been warming up for half an hour.

Comment

England’s T20 struggles continue, I see.

Comment

58 all out.

I'm off out, hope it's a tedious session now.

Comment

Kinell. I just switched on, saw Williamson batting and hadn't realised we had all been in (and out).

Comment

Probably need a change of thread title seeing as the question has been answered inside the first session.

Comment

Being called the Tweetable Test innings. You have enough characters for every ball.

Comment

Hang on this is a test? I thought it was just some meaningless T20 or something.

Comment

Gutted about that innings score.

It's two too many. 56 would have ticked off one of the 'never before scored in a Test' innings totals...

Comment

Honest tweet is honest.
                            https://twitter.com/englandcricket/s...006513158?s=19
                            https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/976648787006513158?s=19

Comment

Four of the top 8 were clean bowled so the technical faults were not about playing away from the body, as they were when Australia were bowled out for 60. They seemed to not be covering the gap between bat and pad for the inswinger. No LBWs is telling: where were the bat and pad?

Not sure if England have picked their best attack (no Wood or Curran?) but it's academic as they have no runs to back them up.
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-03-2018, 12:47.

Comment

They might have effectively lost the series already.

Comment

I might have had Wood in for Woakes, but I suspect Curran wouldn't make much difference. He's bloody good, Boult.

Comment

I'm as speechless as Dave Clifton over this.

Comment

Hopefully the Sky analysts (who are on in 25 minutes) will be less speechless than me. I'm paying them a decent whack not to be speechless, for sure.

Comment

Ian Smith telling a good story about a game in England where the batting team were going along nicely, until a ball was hit firmly to the boundary and somehow ended up in a pint of beer. The replacement ball swung all over the place.

Reminds me of the story of Ray Illingworth being slogged for 6 at Leicester and the ball coming back covered in salmon mousse.

Comment

Good God, that was good NZ bowling. At first glance, only Stokes (not playing straight) and Anderson looked like real soft ones.

Comment

Bob Willis exactly as you'd expect. I thought he'd peaked too early, but he'd saved "Gary Balance School of Batting" for the peroration.

Comment

Cook's shot wasn't great either, nor was Moeen's, but I agree. Boult's spell was perfect.

Perhaps we should not go the full-90s and return to a selection policy of trying everyone out in the country for one or two Tests each over the next summer. What are Mark Lathwell and Mike Smith up to at the moment?

Comment

Probably hanging out with Aftab Habib.

Comment

Talking of genuinely unjustly-discarded England rejects, I found myself having a pint with James Foster last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                    Four of the top 8 were clean bowled so the technical faults were not about playing away from the body, as they were when Australia were bowled out for 60. They seemed to not be covering the gap between bat and pad for the inswinger. No LBWs is telling: where were the bat and pad?
                                                    Pads are an unnecessary encumberance. The trick is to clear one's front leg well out of harm's way and meatily hoist the ball into the bar behind deep mid-wicket.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X