Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might be racist.

Yeah.

Because, I might never have complained about the largest grass shop in the world, if it wasn't owned and run by native Americans. OK, I got a bag of sticks (and it was a fucking HUGE bag for an eighth), and I got wet, but I think the only reason I felt the urge to say shit about it, is because they are Native American. (and don't pay tax, and it STILL cost $46! Not passing those fucking savings onto the consumers.)

I dunno.

I'm unknowingly racist anyway, because I purposely cross the road to be on the same side as a black person, to prove I am not racist. I purposely sit beside brown people, so that I will be in the way of the bomb when it goes off, thereby saving hundreds of cunts whom I would never speak to if they waved their insane little unearned intact pinkies at me.

Or maybe I am knowingly racist. I dunno. If I think about it, I am racist in the same way as I am homophobic. I fucking hate gay people. I fucking hate (certain) Taiwanese people, too. But that's cos my husband has explained why I should.

Like life, really. Prejudices are learned. (Under no circumstances, drive behind a Mazda, if you can't see the driver in their mirror: she will be a) old, b) Oriental (racist... I mean slant-eyed*) and c) unable to cope if her phone rings, whilst she is not talking on it.)

I suppose I am 'uncomfortably' racist. I would rather not be, but it is better than being 'comfortably' racist.

Oh, wait: Glaswegian, innit?! I hate everybody.

*No, I didn't.

I should also point out that all of my friends are white, except for the 2 that aren't, but that's ok, because they are racist too.

Comment

And the TV I watch, is utterly racist. I choose my shows, and channels, and if I am honest, NCIS is/was the most disturbingly 'white' show on TV... but I stopped watching that. Not because it is racist, but because it is shite (Ziva, the ass-kicking, ex-Mossad lady (who, in reality is Chilean 'royal' family) left)fucking lost track of my brackets...)

Anyway. I stopped watching TV when I got a job.

And then started watching Youtube. But, selectively so. I have 6 things I watch. Every single one involves Tammy Wynette. x

Comment

I have just realised that I do not understand american football. Why kick it? Can't you just 'fake-punt'? OK. Wrong thread, and grumpy arsed American has woke up, and all bets are off.

NOW I understand. I am not racist. I just hate myself, and I hold everyone to the same standard.

Comment

Had a look at my husband, just then: yeah, he's still my husband, and he is still a twat. He made me a racist for certain characteristics. He said, that if you can't see the driver, she is Chinese. If you CAN see the driver, he can't see you, and is Chinese."

Now, my husband is Taiwanese, and very American (can't speak English... VERY American) and has instilled his racism, in me, in just over 2 years. The rest is naturalised. I try not to exhibit it every day, because a) I don't see it, and b) I ain't a cunt. But also c) I don't understand it, but it is there, and when I never talkkk about it, I feel that it is waiting to... no, not that.

I never thought Rick Astley was black, because, I am white. There is no way, that he....

Comment

is ever gonna mess you round and desert you?

Comment

Ha ha.

Comment

So, I just spotted racism by someone else, and have nowhere to prove it. What do I do?

Oh, and I called out a TV presenter for calling out Martial, for being a bit of a lazy guy thanks to his 'heritage'...

Yeah... fucking hell. On TV, and no-one noticed.

Comment

So, seeing as 'we' are available for this: do we do racism ... when it happens to us
                  or when we 'see' it
                  or, maybe when we hear that it might happen to our long-dstance, friends?
                  (i)

To translate: I have so little going on in my life, that I take 5 minutes to think about someone' else's problem, and then think 'wait a fucking minute'.

I just sat here typing that I am soooo, not-racist, and in the process of my race-splaining, I realised that I might be racist.

I should probably try to wake my Taiwanese Neville Southall, to find out.

I wonder, did I choose him, because I want a bigger Twitter following? Did I choose him, because I wanted to know that 3 eggs go farther in life than I would ever dream of?

Probably not.

But, did I choose him?

Probably not. I am ... malleable. I will ... adjust, stop it, right now.

I don't love him because he's different. I love him, because I am different.

(One day, someone somewhere will get that.)

Comment

Working...
                  X