Audi Pardners! The 2018 MLS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anton Gramscescu View Post
    Imp - I tried out your van der Wiel suggestion on nearby seatmates last week.

The answer is still no.
    Bah. But I appreciate you trying. Next step is maybe a website, backed by a leafleting campaign on match days. If you've got the time.

Comment

All right you lot: MLS pride night in CONCACAF. Energy drink vs. Tijuana in New Jersey and Everyone's Favourite Toronto FC vs. Tigres in Monterrey. I say both MLS teams go through and there will be riots in Mexico tonight. Any takers?

Comment

While waiting for the game to start, why not spend some time watching the CONCACAF Brand Manifesto? Yes I'm serious.

Comment

All right you lot: MLS pride night in CONCACAF. Energy drink vs. Tijuana in New Jersey and Everyone's Favourite Toronto FC vs. Tigres in Monterrey. I say both MLS teams go through and there will be riots in Mexico tonight. Any takers?
          You mean you're not eagerly waiting for the Campeones Cup in September when you host a Mexican TBD champion for even more bragging rights?

USL D3 is up to 3 teams confirmed for launch-Greenville, SC. Looking at 12-16 teams for next year's launch.

USOC changes-Winner gets $50K more, up to $300,000; runnerup gets $100K; team going the farthest from each division gets $25K, up from $15,000. There's also been some changes to the allowable drawing of teams in the early rounds to avoid geographic traveling nightmares, and travel reimbursements are both extended and increased, so less gofundme pages, we hope. The only one of the US MLS affiliate sides entering is Reno, and they specifically can't play San Jose til the final.

Kevin Molino of Minnesota did his ACL against Orlando; done for the year.

Shalrie Joseph is Grenada's new head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
            You mean you're not eagerly waiting for the Campeones Cup in September when you host a Mexican TBD champion for even more bragging rights?
            I'm sure that will be the highlight of the year for many TFC II players.

Comment

Red Bulls win 3-1 to go through to the semis, against the winner of Seattle-Guadalajara.

Game time in Monterrey and for some reason Vanney is starting Zavaleta ahead of Hagglund and I want to scream.

Comment

2-2 with 6 minutes to go and I know we aren't going to give up two goals in six minutes but I am still having kittens.

Comment

3-2 on a horseshit handball PK. And it's over.

We're going to fucking Dubai.

Comment

BC Government not particularly stoked about hosting World Cup in 2026

Comment

Typical Seattle can't get the job done. Still, two MLS teams in the semis not bad, looking forward to a TFC-Energy Drink final.

Comment

FIFA's requirements/demands for WC 2026.

Errr... Yeah. I think we'll give this one a pass.

Comment

Chicago has reached the same conclusion

Comment

holy shit. How can any vaguely democratic country ever apply for the world cup again?

UK 2026 anyone?

Comment

Yeah. It stops just short of droit du seigneur and sacrificing your first born child. Amazing.

Comment

Minneapolis gives the WC the cold shoulder too.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                  Who in their right minds wouldn't?

The only way out of this is to make the World Cup 16 teams again, and to re-instate Sir Stanley Rous. Wibble.

Comment

Alberta's Provincial government has said no, which means Edmonton is not on as venue (and Ontario's on the verge of a Provincial election so unlikely to commit at this point I'd guess) it kinda takes Canada out of the running altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      Alberta's Provincial government has said no, which means Edmonton is not on as venue (and Ontario's on the verge of a Provincial election so unlikely to commit at this point I'd guess) it kinda takes Canada out of the running altogether.
                                      Well, if this is what it requires, then let Morocco have it. Fuck FIFA.

Comment

If the 2026 World Cup is going to involve 3-team groups then it will at least remove the need for two stadia per group for simultaneous final games. However you'd still need to get 16 final group games played in 4 days. With 8 stadia I think this implies 2 groups sharing a stadium - with maybe a match every other day over an 11 day period. You could possibly go fewer stadia if three groups shared one with a match pretty much every day. That could only take place on artificial pitches, couldn't it?
                                        Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 16-03-2018, 16:17.

Comment

My guess is Ontario will back it. But we'd still need QC as a second site and I can't see using either the Big O or a revamped Saputo as a stadium.

Comment

TIL that Tony Pulis's son is the head coach of Saint Louis FC.

Comment

TFC v DCU 4/7 is being moved to later in the summer at TFC's request.

The traffic jam derby at Stubhub Center 3/31 is sold out.

Montreal imported a Uruguayan midfielder and are still shopping abroad.

In addition to the MLS streams moving to ESPN's soon to come pay streaming service, USL will also.

USL 2019 D3 team might well be the currently PDL Lakeland Tropics in Florida, which to me is funny as hell because they were spawned from the Florida Tropics indoor team.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                                TFC v DCU 4/7 is being moved to later in the summer at TFC's
                                                Hm. Not heard anything from the team. I assume that this is because the pitch is utterly knacked. Or is this to further our campaign for CONCACAF glory?

Comment

Hm. Not heard anything from the team. I assume that this is because the pitch is utterly knacked. Or is this to further our campaign for CONCACAF glory?
                                                  The latter.

Comment

The LA Times MLS reporter tweeted that Ibrahimovic has signed with the Galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X