No announcement yet.

New Music For 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try buy a copy this week KGR. Somehow it is currently running at #2 in the UK Album Chart, held off by the surprise Eminem album.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      I was excited to see that LUSH have a new album out called Snail Mail. Gave it a listen on iTunes and learned it's an outfit called Snail Mail, with a new album called LUSH.

Poop.
      In one of those freakish coincidence, I'm apparently seeing Snail Mail when she opens for Alvvays in December. So, that's weird and neat.

Comment

They're playing 3 totally sold-out shows at the Danforth Musical Hall in December, and a fourth night has just been added.

Antisocialites is a terrific album.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
          I was excited to see that LUSH have a new album out called Snail Mail. Gave it a listen on iTunes and learned it's an outfit called Snail Mail, with a new album called LUSH.

Poop.
          Imagine my disappointment when I once picked up a Mötley Crüe album called Dr Feelgood... (Didn't happen, of course. I was well aware who MC were - and knew to avoid.)

War once released a record called U2 in reference to the opposite having previously occurred. (Similarly, Nick Lowe put out an album called Bowi.)

Anyway, 'as you were'.

Comment

Sooo, any of you hip young thangs heard the new LP release by up-and-coming singer-songwriter Paul Weller. I am enthused.

Comment

New-for-me, big-as-the-skies Ulrich Schnauss remix of Estonian indie types Pia Fraus (NB. the video is incredibly flickery).

Comment

Picked up Lil Wayne's Tha Carter V and it's exceptional. Lots of Fs and Ns and bitches and such, but if you can listen past the stuff that offends, it's really quite something.

Comment

I'm fond of this, new by All Them Witches - it's a bit stoner rock for me, but hey, why categorise?

Comment

There is a new single by the O'Jays!

Album to follow in February.

Comment

Excellent. This goes on my year-end CD for sure.

Comment

Ghost Culture have remixed Teleman's Family of Aliens. It's not anywhere online yet (Tom Ravenscroft plays it 46 minutes (46m17s) in on his Recommends show from 31st October.

I've played it silly consecutive times now - amazing.

Comment

Catching up on some of the recommendations in here as I start to seriously think about my own year-end CD.

That Deerful is an earful of loveliness. I'm in.

Comment

They just did a "Tiny Desk" concert for NPR

Comment

Not sure if it's new, but currently watching a band called Broods on "Seth Meyers". This is the song, called "Peach".

Comment

I don't hear as much new music as I once did, but given that, I reckon Faouzia is the most exciting new voice I've heard this year.

Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 25-11-2018, 17:57.

Comment

Hmmm. This is a little tricky.

The new album from the 1975 is rather good.

Comment

Laura Gibson - Tenderness.

Comment

I know it's 2019, but this is from last year.

Metal from Arnhem Land.

Comment

I have been listening to Broods, properly. If anyone remembers the Belgium Eurovision entry "City Lights", that's why I like it. Dark synth-y pop. Haven't heard anything dance-y aside from the single (released last August, so can't understand why Seth Meyers had them playing it in November, but no matter).

They are a deceptively shallow pair. But the lyrics are pretty deep.

I would like to see them live.

Comment

Working...
                                        X