New Music For 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    I'm all over Babylon Berlin at the moment. Here's the theme Zu Asche, Zu Staub (Psycho Nikoros) by Severija

Hmmmm... sounds kind of familiar.

<shrugs>

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
      I've been listening to Dirty Computer a lot. it's very good and still growing on me.

I'm posting here though because I've just seen

This is America, and it is stunning.
      https://twitter.com/BenHBailey/status/993175546077958144

Comment

There are a lot of these video explainers about but this one covers a lot of ground and the comments are pretty insightful as well.

Buzzfeed everything you missed

The track though, that contrast between the base and the choir.

Comment

New track by Teleman, called Cactus.

Hear it just the once, instant earworm. Absolutely marvellous.

Comment

Couple of years old but new to me, delicious jangly guitars from Stockholm in the shape of Let's Go Home by Stephen's Shore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih View Post
              New track by Teleman, called Cactus.

Hear it just the once, instant earworm. Absolutely marvellous.
              Thanks for that. Didn't quite grab me as much as I'd hoped. I really liked Skeleton Dance, Dusseldorf, Christina, etc, but neither of the new songs have done it for me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                Thanks for that. Didn't quite grab me as much as I'd hoped. I really liked Skeleton Dance, Dusseldorf, Christina, etc, but neither of the new songs have done it for me yet.
                Think I need to retract this. It's growing on me quite a lot.

In other music news, if "Surface To Air" by Django Django & Self Esteem isn't a summer hit there's no justice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-AgpuAQDxg

Comment

New Well Hung Heart single. The guitarist is from the best British blues band of the last 20 odd years - The Hoax - before they split, he moved to LA and formed this band. Punky, but with those solid blues hooks.

Comment

Mitski returns with first track from a new album. Geyser.

Tour in UK in September - of course she isn't playing near here. Leeds or London it is then.

Comment

Today is all about DAYTONA...Pusha T blesses us again.

If You Know You Know

Comment

The Internet shared another new song off of their upcoming album.

Comment

With a little scepticism, I dipped my toe into the Daphne & Celeste album, Daphne & Celeste Save the World.

Reason being, I was unaware of it tbh, but heard Song to a Succulent, which is lovely.

Also very much enjoying Alarms, You & I Alone, Taking Notes and Golden Doldrum from that album, on first (and in some cases, second) listen.

Comment

Emika, the world's absolutely sexiest vocal (sorry not sorry), has a new song, Run. Previewed on this show on Mixcloud, go to 49 minutes 12 seconds in.

Comment

Believed to be the opener to their new album. Colossus by Idles is very Swans.

Comment

Very sprightly indie from The Essex Green.

Comment

Blimey, I assumed that they'd split years ago. Not bad at all.

Comment

Addendum by John Maus is my current favourite 2018 album.

Best track for me is Outer Space - clip below (no video so they've used Solaris).

Comment

This seems to be the most popular song with all the kids at my school right now. It's bloody catchy and sort of sums up the ambition of most East London teenagers.

Comment

I was excited to see that LUSH have a new album out called Snail Mail. Gave it a listen on iTunes and learned it's an outfit called Snail Mail, with a new album called LUSH.

Poop.

Comment

Do you mean the sociable shoegaze-to-Britpoppers Lush, WOM, or is there another outfit trading under the same name?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                            Do you mean the sociable shoegaze-to-Britpoppers Lush, WOM, or is there another outfit trading under the same name?
                                            That's them. I thought they might have reformed. Hopes dashed.

Comment

Lush did reform a few years back, were on some shite awful Britpop documentary playing live maybe 5 years back. I really quite liked their initial woozy hazy pop, Single Girl etc phase was up there with Echobelly and Shed Seven for horrible sick in ears but.

Comment

They reformed again in 2016 but issued a fairly final sounding thanks and goodbye at the end of that year's burst of activity. Miki Berenyi is good value on Twitter for anyone interested in '80s/'90s indie.

The lack of a namesake probably spared them having to ply their trade as The Camden Lush or similar in North American markets way back when.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                                  That's them. I thought they might have reformed. Hopes dashed.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                    I was excited to see that LUSH have a new album out called Snail Mail. Gave it a listen on iTunes and learned it's an outfit called Snail Mail, with a new album called LUSH.

Poop.
                                                    I once had the opposite, and quite serendipitous, experience. Was browsing new releases on Spotify and saw something by Chromatics, who I sort of liked.

Gave it a listen and it was definitely not them, but instead the song Chromatics by Diagrams. Which turned out to be absolutely lovely and now I'm far more of a fan of Diagrams than Chromatics.

(track four here)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X