Ahed Tamimi and other Palestinians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahed Tamimi and other Palestinians

felt like this needed a new thread - I wasn't completely happy with the title of the previous one. Here's an interview with Ahed Tamimi's lawyer

It needs some replies too. Tamini would probably be an international cause celebre if she came from most other countries, but, alas, she doesn't.

Comment

What happened when an Israeli settler slapped a soldier

Comment

Thanks for posting those, I'll read them later.

Comment

Strong rumours that Trump has frozen payments to UNRWA for Palestinians 125 million was due on January 1st

Comment

"People are also criticizing Ahed and the Tamimis for “staging” or otherwise planning her protests. Of course they do. That’s the whole point. They understand that the only way they stand a chance against the Israelis is to play by the script, by the rules of engagement that both sides in the theater that is that hill have more or less agreed to. The script allows the Tamimis and their supporters to at least slow the inexorable take-over of their land. The Israelis get to use their relative “restraint” to show how moral they are. Except for shooting her cousin, of course. And all the other shootings, beatings, arrests, and so on."

Another long piece on Ahed Tamimi

Comment

JVP and other groups are blacklisted by Israel https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...49112E1430AEE3

Great response /quote from Rebecca Vilkomerson in there

Comment

Rebecca Vilkerson is married to an Israeli , and her children are Israeli.

Meanwhile even the New York Times is writing about a one state solution these days.

Whilst its editorial puts the blame squarely on Netanyahu and Trump

Comment

The full list of banned organisations

AFPS (Association France Palestine Solidarité)
                  BDS France
                  Bds Italy
                  ECCP (European Co-ordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine)
                  Friends of Al-Aqsa
                  Ireland Palestine Solidarity Committee
                  Norwegian Palestine Committee
                  Palestine Solidarity Association of Sweden
                  Palestine Solidarity Campaign
                  War on Want
                  BDS Kampagne
                  AFSC (American Friends Service Committee)
                  American Muslims for Palestine
                  Code Pink
                  Jewish Voice for Peace
                  National Students for Justice in Palestine
                  US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
                  BDS Chile
                  BDS South Africa
                  BDS National Committee

A reminder that because access to Palestine is only possible via Israel these organisations are all banned from Palestine as well as Israel.

perhaps the most shocking on that list is the American Friends Service Committee. The Quakers who probably did more than any other group to save Jewish lives.

Already banned "Isabel Phiri, a citizen of Malawi living in Switzerland who is a senior official of the World Council of Churches"
                  Last edited by Nefertiti2; 07-01-2018, 13:58.

Comment

Longer letter from Rebecca Vilkomerson here https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.83...6C1731480471E0

Comment

B'Tselem spokesman Amit Gilutz on Ahed http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-t...e-rule-of-law/

Comment

This from Haaretz on banning Quaker Peace and Service

It feels as though Israel is finally making the break with Reform Judaism and liberal & left wing Jews. It would rather hang out with Steve Bannon and Donald Trump and their fellow antisemites of Poland and Hungary. It will in the long run prove fatal.

Comment

Jonathan Cook on Ahed Tamimi https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/c...srael-1.693716

Comment

Israel bans Jewish Leftists but not neo Nazis and other openly anti-semitic groups https://972mag.com/why-has-israel-ba...groups/132268/

Comment

Did anyone here the so called objective piece on Today this morning, it was only towards the very end of the piece that we were told that her cousin was shot by a rubber bullet and it failed to mention how badly injured he was. Another shameful piece from the BBC.

Malana gets shot by the Taliban and there is outrage, Ahed stands up to an occupying army and gets imprisoned to a chorus of mainstream silence.

Comment

Seinfeld visits the occupied territories

Located in the Gush Etzion region of the West Bank, Caliber 3 is a counterterrorism and security training academy that in recent years has built on its expertise to create a new line of business: special programs for tourists seeking a taste of the Israeli military experience.
                                Caliber 3 offers a basic package which includes a simulation of a suicide bombing in a Jerusalem marketplace, immediately followed by a stabbing attack, a live demonstration with attack dogs and a sniper tournament. The cost of this basic package is $115 per adult and $85 per child, with discounts available for large groups.

Comment

You don't actually get to kill any Palestinians but if you manage to by accident nobody will mind

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                    Seinfeld visits the occupied territories

Located in the Gush Etzion region of the West Bank, Caliber 3 is a counterterrorism and security training academy that in recent years has built on its expertise to create a new line of business: special programs for tourists seeking a taste of the Israeli military experience.
                                    Caliber 3 offers a basic package which includes a simulation of a suicide bombing in a Jerusalem marketplace, immediately followed by a stabbing attack, a live demonstration with attack dogs and a sniper tournament. The cost of this basic package is $115 per adult and $85 per child, with discounts available for large groups.
                                    I wonder if you can buy a SpeedPass and bypass the long lines at the border checkpoint.

Comment

You think illegal settlers and by extension illegal settlement tourists join the Palestinians at the checkpoints? They even have their own roads. Even the US circa whites only drinking fountains didn't have separate roads

Comment

It was, um, just a gag. You see, when you go to Disneyworld....uh...nevermind.

Comment

Still, what an absolute cunt Seinfeld has proven himself to be.

Comment

I must admit that I assumed that the quote Nef reproduced was a joke. Albeit a not very funny joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                              It was, um, just a gag. You see, when you go to Disneyworld....uh...nevermind.
                                              Oh. I confess I didn't get it. Or rather I understood you were making a joke but not really what the joke was. I still don't, truly. I guess I don't find it a terribly funny subject.

Comment

Glenn Greenwald has tweeted some video footage as well as photos of Seinfeld and his family at this delightful little attraction. It's beyond offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  Oh. I confess I didn't get it. Or rather I understood you were making a joke but not really what the joke was. I still don't, truly. I guess I don't find it a terribly funny subject.
                                                  Oh, well, when you go to Disney and Universal, you can buy a SpeedPass and bypass the lineup one time on each ride. Basically a first-class amusement park ticket, vs business class.

It was more gallows humour, but I thought it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X