No announcement yet.

The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro14 discusses formation of possible development league - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43843600

This sounds like a good idea. Not sure if Wales could run four sides though.

Comment

Adam Hughes: Brain injury forces Dragons centre to retire - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43831014

Another retirement due to injury and this one sounds frightening. Surely it's time to act on this.

Comment

Scarlets’ James Davies: ‘I’d rather have fun than be boring and have more Welsh caps’

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

Cubbi Boi is class. Let's hope he has another huge game tomorrow at 7 rather than ending up on the wing.

Comment

Brad Shields asks for New Zealand release in order to play for England

England became desperate. Despite having the largest playing base they have to steal a player who another union has coached and supported. Jason Woodward of Gloucester is also expected to tour.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
            There's only one "rugby" story down under, and that's Israel Folau. Daily updates in sports news, and news news (at least in NZ). Stick his name in Google and you'll find more op-eds than Syria. Players past and present lining up on either side. And it's obviously not going anywhere, until it's resolved one way or the other, perhaps by him leaving so he can become rugby league's problem instead.

Here's a moving and very personal story by a TV/radio reporter. It's not about rugby, but it is worth reading.
            Thanks for sharing this, it's horrific and Folau needs to understand that his words and beliefs are responsible for actions such as this. The response of NZ rugby has been excellent.

Comment

Gloucester 33 Newcastle 12 in the first semi of the Challenge Cup, they'll play either Cardiff or Pau in Bilbao.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                Scarlets’ James Davies: ‘I’d rather have fun than be boring and have more Welsh caps’

Cubbi Boi is class. Let's hope he has another huge game tomorrow at 7 rather than ending up on the wing.
                He is the official cover for the back three, isn’t he? I always thought Tipuric was a flanker who could do that, has Cubby had any experience at all there?

Would anyone in the world have guessed this tonight was from a Gloucester v Newcastle match? ;

Fucking absurd.

Comment

Cubby Boi played most of the semi of the PRO12 against Leinster on they wing after Steff Evans was sent off. He played most of the quarter final on the wing after Paul Asquith went off injured. He's also an experienced sevens player, not just an Olympic silver medal winner.

I'm starting to get excited.

Comment

Ah, off course, had forgotten his switch there in the Pro12 semi, not sure quite how much the Sevens experience transfers but I suppose it can’t hurt either. Wish it was a bit later so I could watch it all after the football but will keep an eye and should see the climax - just hope Scarlets are still in it then..

Comment

Of course if you do win, Munster fans will hardly be upset ...

Comment

Rob Horne: Northampton Saints and Australia centre forced to retire - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43849696

He was injured 13 seconds into the match against Leicester last weekend so for this announcement to be so soon afterwards suggests it is as extremely serious as it's said.

Comment

Blues 10 Pau 10, the scrum is a big cause for concern for the Blues. I'm listening on the radio at three moment.

Comment

13-10 at half time, Pau would be well behind but for the scrum dominance and the pressure it’s allowing them to build.

Comment

Ashley Johnson: Wasps forward suspended by RFU after failing drugs test - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43843140

It was for a diuretic used as a masking agent. Any long term ban will probably end his professional career as he's 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                13-10 at half time, Pau would be well behind but for the scrum dominance and the pressure it’s allowing them to build.
                                I'm going to find a stream now. Jarrod Evans is pushing for a tour place if not a start at ten.

Comment

Blues versus Gloucester in Bilbao for the Challenge Cup final.

Comment

We're nearly off. The Leinster bench looks so much stronger. Could be a classic match, very much Ireland style versus new Wales.

Come on the Turks.

Comment

Leinster 24 Scarlets 9 at half time. Leinster are a machine. It's going to be tough for Scarlets to get back into this.

Comment

Not much of a contest, I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          Not much of a contest, I'm afraid
                                          Bit of an understatement that. Leinster much more powerful and complete. 5 tries scored and they can rest most of their players.

Comment

Irish rugby, especially Leinster, is really on the up. The amount of young players coming through as well. For me with an interest in Scottish rugby. Glasgow’s alarming dip in form is a worry. Possibly taken their eye of the Ball?

Comment

For those who may not have noticed the other thread, the American pro league began today. Glendale Raptors 41-26 Austin Elite.

Comment

Carter and Rokocoko on the bench for Racing in today’s semi-final.

Munster: Conway; Earls, Arnold, Scannell, Wootton; Keatley, Murray; Kilcoyne, Scannell, Archer, Kleyn, Holland, O'Mahony (capt), O'Donoghue, Stander

Replacements: R Marshall, J Cronin, J Ryan, Grobler, Copeland, Hart, Hanrahan, Zebo

Racing: Dupichot; Thomas, Vakatawa, Chavancy, Andreu; Lambie, Machenaud; Ben Arous, Chat, Gomes Sa, Ryan, Nakarawa, Lauret, Le Roux, Nyanga

Replacements: Szarzewski, Kakovin, Afatia, Claassen, Chouzenoux, Iribaren, Carter, Rokocoko

The rugby world cries out for a Racing win to prevent the atrocity of an all-Irish final.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-04-2018, 14:08.

Comment

I think it really cries out for Craig Doyle's retirement from presenting duties.

Comment

This is dazzling rugby from Racing, Thomas unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X