The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HORN View Post
    I feel dirty. I’m hoping England can get back into this.
    They won't.

Marler with a typical Marler penalty, late off the ball and dangerous. Lucky not to see yellow for that.

Carberry misses the subsequent penalty.

Comment

England avoid a record home defeat but Farrell misses the kick and the losing bonus point.

Ireland get the grand slam and England could finish fifth.

Comment

Lubbly Jubbly.

Comment

You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
            England avoid a record home defeat but Farrell misses the kick and the losing bonus point.

Ireland get the grand slam and England could finish fifth.
            Farrell's conversion kicking (0 from 3) and England's refusal to take the three may have cost them the game. But - well done Ireland, a very canny team.

Comment

And now the best anthem in the world face off.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                And now the best anthem in the world face off.
                *likes*

Comment

With 12 minutes to go in Cardiff Wales lead by a point. I feel really sorry for Trinh-Duc.

Comment

Phew! That was a very tight game. Tense at the end.

Comment

Somehow Wales win. Somehow.

France turned up in the second half and stopped conceding penalties. They have something to work with.

Comment

I like to think that Brian O'Driscoll's ego has been ever so slightly dented after seeing an Ireland team eclipse his own Ireland team so soon after retirement. This lot even beat the All Blacks.

Comment

Wales were garbage today, worst performance of the 6N and absolute larceny to come away with the win.

Luckily, I didn’t see the second halves of the Italy v Scotland and England v Ireland games or I would be giving up on rugby altogether.

Comment

Unfortunately, now that rugby has been given a social caché, the accompanying symptoms such as voting Fine Gael, giving offspring names such as Maedhbh and Oisín, and sending same to Gaelscoileanna to avoid working-class contamination, may reach pandemic proportions.

Comment

Rugby has become a game of two halves, the first is often entertaining and the second dull and ruined by substitutions. Imho of course.

Comment

https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/975373933368266752?s=21

Comment

Any suggestion that the Romanian referee was partisan? It does seem mad to have him referee the match.

Comment

This tweet and the responses (click on the tweet and they should come up) illustrate a range of views.

https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/975369131309617152?s=09

Comment

https://twitter.com/t2rugby/status/975405017300717569?s=21

Comment

I thought I#d share this here. There has been a really good documentary on BBC Wales about the players who went from union to league and what happened to those who went and those who chose not to go.

The rugby codebreakers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...y-codebreakers

Comment

Not a particular Rugby Union fan, but Italy vs Scotland women on the red button at the moment is crazily entertaining. Both teams trying to play running rugby on a pitch that is a complete mud bath...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            The Belgium-Spain game was refereed by a Romanian and there were some ugly scenes at the final whistle as frustrations boiled over.
                                            I mean - it's obvious that a Romanian reffing team should never have been put in this position - it's impossible to guard against allegations of partiality, even if they had reffed impeccably. i have absolutely no idea what the IRB were thinking. But what the Spanish players did post-match is unacceptable. I honestly think they should be taken out of the play-offs now, and let Portugal compete aginst Samoa for the final spot. You just can't do that.

Comment

Apparently, the choice of referee wasn’t an IRB (now World Rugby) decision but one for Rugby Europe (who have a Romanian president, to make matters worse).

Comment

Tipuric and Amos called up for Wales Sevens squad for the Commonwealths.

Amos was expected but Tips is a surprise, should sprinkle a little stardust on the competition.

Comment

Apparently, the choice of referee wasn’t an IRB (now World Rugby) decision but one for Rugby Europe (who have a Romanian president, to make matters worse).
                                                  28-8 penalty count. Hmmm.

Comment

Tipuric and Amos called up for Wales Sevens squad for the Commonwealths.

Amos was expected but Tips is a surprise, should sprinkle a little stardust on the competition.
                                                    Ospreys had originally said no. That's why Cubby Boi isn't there, Scarlets refused.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X