No announcement yet.

The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be fucking needlessly rude to everybody NOW, Eddie Jones. You flat track, arrogant git.

Comment

Can't edit on my phone. Excuses for the over - emotional F word there. The basic sentiment still remains though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
        For what it's worth, I think Scotland are going to get humped today. The France - England game will be closer than people expect and Wales wlll make a dog's arse of the game tomorrow and will spawn a win in the last five minutes.
        Better predictions than me so far. I only watched the last 2 minutes of France versus England today.

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of England but it's looking a little like the Stuart Lancaster era again. They need an openside for sure and some real creativity, power can only take you so far. Wales should have beaten them and now that's two defeats on the bounce with Ireland to come.

Comment

For England I don't think Cole or Hughes were fit. George Ford is a waste of a shirt and the pack are not collecively pulling their weight. But, you know, it's England and I really don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
              France 6 points up. 90 seconds to go. They have the ball, under no real pressure, and kick the ball back to the English. Why? Sometimes rugby baffles me. Surely they just go through the phases and keep the sodding ball?
              It was actually worse than that - the clock was red and the player was trying to kick it out and end the game but, just like everything else in that mangey dog of a match, he made a basic error and didn’t find touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                Shot at a grand slam at Twickenham.
                I fucking desperately want England to win next week. Partly because my son will be seeing his first England match with my wife but primarily because nobody in rugby should ever want Ireland to get a Grand Slam - especially an Ireland side this mundane and turgid.

Comment

Just watched English fans belt out Ireland's Call in Paris. Peace in our time.

Comment

Cubby Boi takes two minutes to show his class with a turnover. Can he live up to the hype for the rest of the match?

Wales get the penalty and score from it.

Comment

ffs Italy

Comment

17-7 at half time. Italy looking the better side and with Liam Williams in the bin for the first ten minutes of the second they could be back in the match.

Comment

Strange game yesterday. Started and ended like a Baa-Baas match with both teams throwing it around playing running, exhibition rugby but there was a big chunk of pretty humdrum uneventful stuff in between. A largely positive display for Wales - especially given the two yellow cards, wholesale changes and subsequent defensive disorganisation.

Thought Williams was harshly yellow carded at the time given the position of the tackled player but seems I was wrong, I imagine he may be banned for the France game and while that would probably see Halfpenny start I would like to see Anscombe shift back to 15 and Patchell have another crack at 10, especially as we’ll have a dry ball if France agree to the roof being closed.

Parker’s was a deserved MOTM, Cubby would seem to have earned another cap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Strange game yesterday. Started and ended like a Baa-Baas match with both teams throwing it around playing running, exhibition rugby but there was a big chunk of pretty humdrum uneventful stuff in between. A largely positive display for Wales - especially given the two yellow cards, wholesale changes and subsequent defensive disorganisation.

Thought Williams was harshly yellow carded at the time given the position of the tackled player but seems I was wrong, I imagine he may be banned for the France game and while that would probably see Halfpenny start I would like to see Anscombe shift back to 15 and Patchell have another crack at 10, especially as we’ll have a dry ball if France agree to the roof being closed.

Parker’s was a deserved MOTM, Cubby would seem to have earned another cap too.
                            It was game of parts, I think. Plenty to cheer the soul (that back row passing move which went over 70 metres for a start) mixed in with the humdrum. But I suppose it all depended on what Italy were doing at that particular moment. Would love to see Patchell at 10 this weekend.

I'm conflicted about Saturday. I honestly don't know who to support at Twickenham - I'd normally want Ireland to win but I'm not sure I'd like to see them win a grand slam. Bit churlish of me, I know, but I don't think this Ireland team is all that great.

Comment

England lose three on the bounce and start to panic 18 months before the RWC. Ireland win and are convinced by Schmidtball. That can only benefit us so I'm cheering on Ireland.

Comment

Very hard to predict but given that England needed a refereeing injustice to beat Wales and have now lost to Scotland and France my head tells me they'll get creamed by Ireland.

My gut tells me they will give the Irish a game and somehow spawn a win.

Comment

Hang on, let’s not start thinking this Ireland team are really that good. They were garbage in Paris and only scraped a win despite France delivering one of the all time inept 5/6 Nations performances, they were an ambitious pass away from throwing away the game against us despite being given free rein to do anything they liked at the breakdown by the ref.

This 6N has been largely about home advantage winning out, Italy aside, and Ireland have had three home games so far - I would not be surprised to see them found out at Twickenham.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-03-2018, 09:52.

Comment

Well, ditto England. Their luck ran out after they used it all up with the video ref a couple of games back. Turns out hubris and fumes doesn't get you far after all.

Comment

Well, England have far more than “hubris and fumes”. Some longstanding inadequacies and limitations have been glaringly exposed in recent weeks but that doesn’t necessarily make them likely to be “creamed by Ireland” in a home game to me.

Ireland very well may win and even could win handsomely, momentum is very important in a tournament as short as the 6N, but Saturday is a far less predictable game than many people seem to think.

Comment

Home advantage in the Six Nations is a huge factor, I can't see Ireland winning by much more than a score and in fact I think England are slight favourites purely because of the home advantage.

I agree with Ray, England's limitations have been exposed but they've not become bad overnight. They beat us and not because of a single TMO incident. Ireland do what they do extremely efficiently but somehow we kept ourselves in that game and could have sneaked it at the end.

Comment

Looking at the 6N table.

If Ireland win by more than 7, Scotland get a BP win and Wales narrowly beat France, all eminently possible,

Ireland 23
                                          Wales 15
                                          Scotland 13
                                          France 11
                                          England 10
                                          Italy 0

I think England and Wales will win, but not by much. Pity Italy have given up already.

Comment

Well, like I said my gut was telling me England would win. Now you guys have educated my head I'm not so divided.

Comment

Eddie Jones apologises for calling Irish ‘scummy’ and Wales a ‘shit place’

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

He shows why him and England are a good match. Plus ça change.

Comment

The only thing that surprises me about that video is that it’s been out there for nine months without being highlighted by anyone before. What are WalesOnline playing at?!

It’s clearly been saved by an Irish person/media outlet until the optimum possible time.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-03-2018, 20:52.

Comment

Of course, it puts a different perspective on this cant from a few weeks ago :

Jones believes such rhetoric encourages others to stray beyond routine banter. “If you talk about hate and you talk about rubbing people’s nose in the dirt, and all those sorts of things, it incites certain behaviours,” he said. “Are they the sorts of behaviours that we want to see?”
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-03-2018, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    The only thing that surprises me about that video is that it’s been out there for nine months without being highlighted by anyone before. What are WalesOnline playing at?!

It’s clearly been saved by an Irish person/media outlet until the optimum possible time.
                                                    I find that hard to believe. The gap in time between the first Irish person seeing this video, and it being all over social media could be measured in seconds. And As for Irish media companies.....

An Irish coach who talked about the 'Scummy English' would probably have been fired by now, and rightly so. Apparently Only John Delaney has the earned the right to behave in this way.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X