No announcement yet.

The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's at Bordeaux, been there a while too and has lasted changes of coaches.

France look worse than last year, didn't think that was possible.

Comment

France U20 78 Italy U20 12
      Ireland U20 38 Wales U20 41
      Scotland U20 24 England U20 17

Not sure if these were on TV but the U20s results were something else, Scotland beating England is a massive shock and the Ireland Wales game sounds amazing from what I've read.

Comment

Half time in Dublin and for all their dominance Ireland only lead 15-13. Wales have given away seven penalties and are struggling with the referee and his interpretation of the laws at the breakdown.

Comment

Ireland 37 Wales 27. Ireland scored with the last play of the game after Wales had hauled themselves back into a game they should have lost by more.

Ireland and Joe Schmidt were very Ireland, credit to them for what they do so well.

Comment

Just back from a pub full of Irish fans . How we were in with a chance in the last minute I'll never know. We were bullied all day long. Some of the big fellas need to ask some serious questions. You can't win a game on 20% possession - but we nearly did.

Comment

Scotland have started well. How long can they keep this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                Scotland have started well. How long can they keep this up?
                I reckon until half time

Comment

32 minutes gone and they've got their second try. Scotland are playing exactly like the pre tournament hype. 15-6.

Comment

Scotland 22 England 6. John Barclay with two huge turnovers that lead to their second and third tries.

How long do you reckon VT?

Comment

Half time - Scotland up 22-6. England very poor. Big half to come for Scotland

Comment

15 minutes to go and Sam Underhill gets a yellow for a shoulder tackle. The Scotland players got Nigel Owens to go to the TMO. From the penalty Scotland go 12 points clear.

Comment

Was not expecting a Scotland win at all, England left Murrayfield with nothing.

Eddie Jones was booed at first but was magnanimous in defeat.

Comment

Scotland were magnificent. I was going to say especially the half-backs and the full-back, but really it was the whole team. Apart from 10 mins at the start of the second-half, they simply dominated England.

Comment

I've seen six minutes of the Six Nations in passing. The last two minutes of the game against france, and the last four minutes against wales. Regardless of the sport, It is difficult to express how weird it is watching an Ireland team of any description, when push comes to shove, actually winning by a) systematically sticking to their carefully prepared plan for an absurdly long period of time under enormous pressure or b) responding to clinging on at the end of a game by keeping their shape and pouncing on a mistake to make the game safe.

It makes me feel very angry about the FAI.

Comment

Ireland were utter shite when I first began watching rugby. Their transition into being quite good, and sustaining it for a nearly 20 year period with no end in sight, is remarkable.

In retrospect, I think they did capitalise very well on two things: professionalism and the booming Irish economy. Being the only pro sports teams of any consequence in Ireland and the provincial setup being dead perfect for a centralised, low quantity high quality model which seems to work best in the professional era were two fortuitous happenstances.

Comment

Two retirements today at either ends of the spectrum, Jamie Heaslip retires at 34 and 23 year old Jack Condy of the Scarlets, both because of persistent injuries that never recovered.

Comment

Wales v. South Africa, June 2nd.

At RFK Stadium in Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                      Wales v. South Africa, June 2nd.

At RFK Stadium in Washington.
                                      Close to where their main sponsor, UA, is based.

Not our own UA but Under Armour the kit manufacturer.

Comment

I'd rather we were playing them in SA tbh. They aren't going to stay this bad forever, and this would be a good chance to actually beat them in SA.

Comment

James Davies aka Cubby Boi hasn't been released by Wales back to the Scarlets for this weekend's match against Leinster sparking speculation that he's finally going to play for Wales against Italy. Patchell has been released meaning he's unlikely to even be in the 23 when many pundits thought he'd start.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                            Two retirements today at either ends of the spectrum, Jamie Heaslip retires at 34 and 23 year old Jack Condy of the Scarlets, both because of persistent injuries that never recovered.
                                            And another today, Ospreys wing Eli Walker retires with a back injury. He is 25 and only ever got one cap due to injuries, that was the pre RWC warm up against Ireland that ended the international careers of Hook, Philips and Hibbard.

Comment

The Dragons fall to a humiliating defeat away to the previously winless Southern Kings, 45-13, with no points at all in the second half. I'm guessing the players Jackman is going to ship out have given up.

Comment

USA runs the table in the America's Championship, finishing off hammering Uruguay 61-19.

We're playing our usual two home games this June, in Denver and Houston, against the always difficult opposition TBD.

Comment

Is this the greatest sevens try ever?

Comment

Perry Baker took USA to sevens gold in Vegas – now the hard work begins

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...y_to_clipboard

An interesting article with more hyperlinks that you could shake a stick at.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X