Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/970380626456186880

Comment

Exit polls have Cinque Stelle as the largest party by far. Anti-vaxxers. Nice to know there are voters in Europe more stupid than the Brits.

Comment

Trump dropped the anti-vax, so this lot probably will.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/...018242561?s=19

Comment

I think this is the actual count.

http://elezioni.interno.gov.it/camer...0304/votantiCI

Comment

Actually, I've no idea what that is.

Comment

5 Star's brilliant manifesto.

The election program also promises to soften a 2012 pension reform that raised the retirement age. Under 5-Star’s plan people will be eligible for a pension after paying 41 years of contributions or if the sum of their age and their years of contributions adds up to 100.

It pledges 50 billion euros of extra public investment in new technologies, offset by 50 billion euros of cuts in“unproductive” spending. Overall, the plan is short on detail about how the measures will be funded.

It promises to increase borrowing to finance investments, but still targets Italy’s huge public debt, which currently stands at 132 percent of output, to fall by 40 percentage points over the next decade.
                I was just thinking Italy needed a load of people retiring at 59.

Comment

What you posted are turnout figures

The results will be up later, but they won’t be easy to decipher.

This is a decent projection for the Lower House based on exit polling

https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/970434013423947781?s=21

Comment

Fuck me, my sympathies go out to anyone in Italy who has to look their neighbours in the Eye and wonder if they're just a moron, or if they're proper scum.

Comment

So Italy joins the Hungary, Romania and poland on the fast train to getting thrown out of the EU, to go with the UK who decided to throw themselves out. It seems that many of the critics of the eastward expansion may have been correct that some of these countries may not have been ready for the cultural and political changes required. But amusingly, most of those critics are going to get thrown out too.

Comment

I think Poland is a fair way off (quietly in recent weeks, they've been re-organising the government to be a bit more EU conciliatory). Romania too. Kovesi won't be going anywhere, and the government is more likely to fall than the anti-corruption efforts.

Hungary...anyone's guess really. Having a racist government is no longer seemingly a barrier to being in as it seems like half of the 28 have racist governments. The upcoming elections may well see a fall off in FIDESZ support, despite there being no real opposition. I reckon Orban won't get kicked out unless he wants to be (and he doesn't really)

Comment

Poland might be trying to be a bit more conciliatory, but they're going to have to completely back down on all of that shit. The bit that can't be smoothed over with fine words is that putting your thumb on the scale of the judiciary is considered cheating on the Single market.

Comment

Most recent poll has 92% of Poles wanting to stay in the EU. The government only has so much leeway to mess with the EU's rules

Comment

And yet they do it anyway. In all of these cases, there's a substantial disconnect between wanting the benefits of EU membership, while wanting to do whatever sick shit comes into your head. I can think of a country not a million miles from where I'm sitting who thought it would be hilarious to inflate a fucking massive property bubble against the screamed warnings of the EU, And I can think of another country also not a million miles from here where a lot of people thought they'd formalize the whole process entirely.

I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that the only way to deal with this type of govt is for the EU to drag them outside by the hair and beat them until they scream. The problem is that there are rather a lot of them, and it's relatively hard to throw a country out of the EU. There is a degree to which a coalition of cunts can protect themselves.
                              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-03-2018, 10:57.

Comment

I understand the EU is finding ways to deal with the rules. As it stands, Orban will likely veto Article 7.1 being invoked on Poland. However, I think I read that they (the EU) are now creating a system whereby to be a recipient of long term budget aid, you have to have an independent judiciary. The rules on sanctioning states allows the coalition of cunts to do what they want. However, it's clear that there are moves afoot to make people toe the line (to some extent)

Comment

That sounds sensible.

Comment

Interesting map

Comment

So Tuscany, emilia romagna and austria haven't lost their minds, (actually probably have, but remain red for complicated clientelism reasons) The bits of italy without police stations have gone full blown fucking Game of Thrones, while the rest have gone Silvio Fascist. What a great time to be alive.

Comment

Wow that really is interesting.

Comment

That's been the pattern for some time, but what is striking is just how much ground the PD lost (which is why Renzi has resigned).

Here is a roughly equivalent map from the last parliamentary elections in 2013

Fuck me, my sympathies go out to anyone in Italy who has to look their neighbours in the Eye and wonder if they're just a moron, or if they're proper scum.
                                          In my experience, one already knows that well in advance of the vote.

Comment

That red bit at the top is roughly Sud Tirol, right? Wonder why they are so consistently centre left

Comment

In my experience, one already knows that well in advance of the vote.

But there's so fucking many of them. That's got to come as a bit of a shock.

Comment

It's somewhat complicated, because the real power in Sud Tirol is the Sudtiroler Volkspartei, which isn't truly "centre left".

As you will see from the article, it has controlled the region since WWII and was originally in alliance with the Christian Democrats. The sold vote for the PD is essentially a vote for the SVP and their continued control of the region (which keeps almost all of the taxes it raises from one of the richest parts of the country).

Comment

But there's so fucking many of them. That's got to come as a bit of a shock.
                                                  But I didn't know all 60 million Italians

Comment

I'd immediately believe that of anyone else, but you, I'm not so sure about.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X