No announcement yet.

January 2018 transfer window thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molt mal. Dundee Utd had some wee sprog swim free to Sporting. Don’t think it’s working out for Ryan Gauld in Portugal but at least he looked beyond the usual move to English League 1 or Championship.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-02-2018, 23:40.

Comment

it's a smart option. Young players used to wait to be laoned out or sold, they're being much more pro-active. also the Uk is probably the worst place to learn football. referees, a level of "physicality" not tolerated elsewhere, and a German friend watching a game pointed out the ball is much harder to control, is it more inflated?

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
        Brentford have rejected a bid of £5.5m from Bournemouth for centre-back Chris Mepham.

He has made 11 first-team appearances.
        Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
        Fuck. They've come back with a bigger bid. Betfair have him at 8/11 on to join them.

He's on a 5 year contract. Surely it would be better to wait till summer and get a real bidding war started.
        You didn't mentioned the crucially important information that he is Welsh u-21 captain.

Comment

If I had my time over I'd definitely try living abroad. Fair play to Lookman, and gosh-what-a-surprise-that-Allardyce-doesn't-approve. Man cannot live by being a substitute with 2 minutes left alone.

Comment

What could a player possibly learn in the Bundesliga? Are there any players who cut their teeth in the Bundesliga who are doing well in the EPL? Other than De Bruyne, Kompany, Firmino, Matip,Son, Christensen, Sané, Gündogan, Özil, Can, Fuchs.....

Comment

I heard them ask Redknapp (H, not J) about Lookman on 5Live yesterday, and predictably he trotted out the same old bollocks along the lines of "I don't know why he'd do that - I'd like to see these players stay over here, even if it means playing in the Championship."

Comment

I know it's secondary to the fact that I'd rather a player of mine went abroad to learn anyway, but did they not notice that Lookman has already done the Championship thing, what with playing for Bristol City and all that?

Comment

Charlton. I think you may be confusing him with Tammy Abraham.

Comment

Reece Oxford is on loan from West Ham to Borussia Monchengladbach.

Probably to get away from the club's recruiting team.

Comment

Well he'd never get a proper English club to take him seriously with a name like Reece Oxford would he?

Comment

Molt mal. Dundee Utd had some wee sprog swim free to Sporting. Don’t think it’s working out for Ryan Gauld in Portugal but at least he looked beyond the usual move to English League 1 or Championship.
                        Funnily enough I was in Oxford last weekend and in Brown's cafe in the covered market, which, despite the name, is Portuguese-owned, I had a long conversation with a Sportinguista behind the counter who felt very bad for me that Ryan Gauld has gone from Sporting to Aves on loan, not the right team for him etc

I hasten to add that my Ralph Milne R.I.P. scarf gave me away as an Arab (it was fuckin' FREEZIN'!)

Comment

Lookman scores a late winner in his debut for Leipzig in Gladbach

Comment

The first Englishman to score a goal in the Bundesliga since Owen Hargreaves in 2005.

Comment

How did the unfortunate Oliver Burke do over at Franchise Leipzig? Going to West Brom seems to have been a disastrous move anyways.

Comment

Burke made 25 appearances for Crap Energy Drink, butost of them were as a sub.

Comment

West Ham have signed 36 year old free agent Patrice Evra, solely it seems so they can use the hashtag #imforevrablowingbubbles

Comment

Interesting that RB Leipzig have hired former Spurs/Southampton recruitment chief Paul Mitchell. Having already signed Lookman and Burke, seems likely they'll be doing more fishing in the UK youth market.

Comment

Steven Caulker: Dundee sign former Spurs & QPR defender - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42992304

Good luck to the man, be deserves some.

Comment

Yep, hope it works out for him. No idea what the set up is like at the club, but I’d hope he’ll get support from the city as well. Maybe I’ve just been very lucky but Dundee seems incredibly friendly to strangers compared to Edinburgh or Aberdeen, even Glasgow. And the rivalry between the clubs isn’t insane or tinged with Flegs sectarian bullshit (Hearts have a rump of eejits still singing the same songs you’d get at Ibrox), so he shouldn’t face numpty hassle from Utd fans.
                                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 08-02-2018, 19:44.

Comment

Working...
                                        X