January 2018 transfer window thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2018 transfer window thread

My Glasgow based friend says the rumour is Celtic's Dembele will join Brighton for £18m in January.

Any other rumours out there?

I've heard Fuad Sule has left Bohemians to join Barnet

Comment

Two questions about this Dembele thing:

1) Why Brighton? And
      B) can they afford 18m?

A gamble for all parties concerned, surely?

Comment

It's also not true.

Comment

In that case:

4) is this true?

Comment

Well, I'm going on what my Glasgow dwelling friend tells me. I don't care if it's not true.

Comment

Fucking hell, let's hope he's better than Lovren.

Comment

That’s a whack of cash for someone who’s been pony all season.

Comment

If Manchester City consider him to be too expensive then it's fair to say he might be overpriced.

Comment

It's probably at least partly Man City's "interest" that has inflated his price so massively.

Comment

Very good business that by Southampton.

Comment

Are they now known as Southampton Blockchain footballing services?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if he's ever going to get back to the level he was at before his injury. What percentage have Celtic got coming?

Comment

well he might make an effort now that he's got his move.

This sort of behaviour in general is not good though.

Comment

10% sell on according to this.

Comment

7.5 million will be very handy for St Brendan of the Smiles.

Comment

He'll probably spend most of it on a gold and zirconium Rapper style chain to commemorate their recent run of 69 games without defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    well he might make an effort now that he's got his move.

This sort of behaviour in general is not good though.
                                    Maybe. Liverpool are taking a massive punt that he was sulking and can turn that form back on like a tap.

Comment

Virgil hasn't been any good for about 12 months, either side of his injury, so won't really be missed. Now I only hope the money is reinvested quickly and effectively. They could start by buying a goalkeeper whose feet move when the ball rolls along the ground towards him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                        If Manchester City consider him to be too expensive then it's fair to say he might be overpriced.
                                        I'm sure that's true, but there's a suggestion that City were looking at him as a stop gap while Stones is out, would he be certain to hold down a starting place once he's fit again?

Nice to see you back by the way Tony C - you've been missed.

Comment

The world is quite mad. That said it's not my money, so what do I care?

Comment

Well, if they hadn't spent that money they could have bought a better goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                              Well, if they hadn't spent that money they could have bought an actual goalie.
                                              Fixed that for you, Sits.

Comment

I hope Southampton’s keeper issues don’t lead them to recall young Harry Lewis from his loan at Tannadice: he’s great and a real hit with fans

Comment

Good lord, £75m. I thought he was overpriced when they went for him in the summer. Considering he's not been great this season, I can only assume that figure includes a considerable amount of "sorry we tapped him up" money.

The Dembele story mentioned above has been officially denied. We do need a striker, but I doubt we'll spend £18m on one during this window - if we stayed up we probably would.
                                                  Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 28-12-2017, 09:32.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X