King William's College Christmas Quiz 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King William's College Christmas Quiz 2017

As usual, makes Round Britain Quiz looks like child's play, so knock yourselves out:

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...lege-quiz-2017

My parents and elder siblings used to be able to pool their efforts to crack a decent proportion of the questions (say a quarter, or possibly even a bit more) at Christmas family gatherings back in the day. My contribution was invariably zero.

Comment

How does anyone crack those questions?

Comment

It used to require days in a very good reference library.

Now the emphasis is more on deciphering the questions, as many are set so as to frustrate Internet searches.

Comment

I normally manage three or four (answers) at most. This year I've completed a whole section (13). That shouldn't be beyond many on here.
          Last edited by Capybara; 29-12-2017, 18:02.

Comment

Google certainly helps but it remains impressively difficult. I don't know if all 18 groups of 10 necessarily have common themes do they? Maybe they do,there's a couple of groups I've made little or no progress on.

I managed 10 off the top of my head and successfully guessed another 4. A bit of rudimentary Googling has me up to about 80 but I'll not be investing much more time than that!
            Last edited by seand; 06-01-2018, 01:46.

Comment

Working...
            X