Christmas Eve Eve - weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve Eve - weekend matchgoing

(It's what we call 23 December in our house)

Shrewsbury v Portsmouth for me. Bound to be 1-0 but not sure which way.

What you all up to?

Fisher vs Lewisham Borough

Tactically squeezing in a local derby in the Southern Counties East League, before heading out of London for Christmas

Comment

Wimbledon v Bradford, fearing another shellacking for the Dons.

Probably worth making this a thread for the entire festive season’s matchgoing, can we edit thread titles yet?

Comment

Won't be in range of anything on ChristmasEveEve, but Boxing Day hoping to go to Sheffield FC vs Belper Town with occasional OTFer noj and part of his family (and part of mine). Boxing Day (1860) was actually the date of the first ever organised football match between Hallam and Sheffield, so it's a historic day to go.

(Don't suppose you could be persuaded to come along and have a pint, longeared?)

Comment

Norwich v Brentford has for some bizarre reason been brought forward to Friday night (it’s not on TV).

However, I shall be making the long trek over there because Norwich have reduced prices to a very acceptable £10 and Carrow Road is my penultimate Championship ground to cross off before Sunderland in February.

I do fear a hammering, though.

Comment

Arbroath vs Raith Rovers and I can’t wait for the carnage. By all accounts it’ll be disappointingly unseasonal warm but. Without the full on North Sea as Arbroath’s twelfth man maybe Rovers will try to pass it, just a little.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 22-12-2017, 03:37.

Comment

ad hoc - thanks, I'd love to, but I don't drive and there's no public transport on Boxing Day so can't get there. Hope Sheffield win, they've had a bit of an upturn lately.

Comment

If I get to a game on Saturday it’ll be the big north Bucks derby between Winslow United and Buckingham Athletic. Both are having decent seasons in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1, Winslow based on their fearsome attack and the Ath on their current batch of very good youngsters. There are normally two or three hundred at the Christmas meeting between the clubs, so I’m looking forward to it.

Comment

West Essex v Clapton on Saturday.

Trying to find a boxing day game to go to near East London is proving tricky, Leyton Orient are the front runners at the moment. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                    Trying to find a boxing day game to go to near East London is proving tricky, Leyton Orient are the front runners at the moment. Any other suggestions?
                    Barking are at home if that helps

Comment

I'm going to Barking v Witham Town on Boxing Day is that's of any use to you.

Comment

Thanks for tge suggestion, bur West Essex play their games at Barking, so 2 games there in 4 days isn't so appealing. Plus, walking to Bar king's ground is grim.

Greenwich Borough are playing Guernsey, could be a good one and involve a nice walk.

Comment

Billericay v Dulwich on the 30th sounds a good one.

Comment

Forest Green v Carlisle tomorrow. A new ground tick to clear the division and a re-visit to Nailsworth for the first time since we won at their old ground in 2003 in our Conference season.

Comment

Newport v Lincoln.

I can’t really be bothered. If even the feeblest of opportunities to cry off arises then, believe me, I shall go tumbling down faster than Newport’s Kevin Moore used to back in the seventies.

Comment

Norwich City v Brentford. Battle of two mid table sides, although my last game for a while as I'm relocating. I forecast a dull 2-1 to City.

Comment

Millers v MK* on Saturday for me. Nowt on Boxing Day as we'll be sitting on traffic...

*Go on, EFL, sue me...

Comment

Oxford United v Wigan Athletic

Comment

Brentford looking superb tonight. Norwich are struggling to stay with it.

Comment

That's the most toxic I've heard Norwich fans in many years. When Delia starts getting berated, you know things are not good. I'd much rather see our media darling chairman take some flak (and not just to hear the inevitable "Balls Out" chant).

Well done to Brentford who almost tried to throw it away in stoppage time but deserved the points. They should have been further ahead at half-time but comfortably sat on their lead during the second period. In terms of organisation and quality, they were streets ahead.

Comment

Oxford United vs Wigan Athletic.

Hopefully Oxford look a bit more likely to score than they did at Rochdale last week.

Comment

If I'm extremely fortunate, a game in the West Cork League, though not until at least Stephen's Day...

Comment

Bit of creativity with my day's plans and risking being late for a later arrangement means I'm going to squeeze in Rotherham v Doncaster in the rugby this afternoon. Rotherham are bottom of the table and haven't won yet this season. Home win then. Hopefully.

Comment

Accrington v Crawley.
                                                After the postponement 2 weeks ago and away matches over Christmas and opting out of the FA Cup after round 1, it is Stanley's only home game in December. With all due respect to Crawley (and they are a club I like and always find them v friendly) it's not a match to set the pulse racing

Comment

Great Wakering Rovers v Basildon Utd
                                                  Essex senior league action for me this afternoon at the mighty Burroughs Park. Great Wakering used to be in the Guinness book of records as being the driest place in Britain getting just 19.5 inches of rain a year. If you have less than 20 inches of rain a year you are officially semi-arid. The village lost its title to St Oysth near Clacton many years ago but it's still very dry and no chance of the game being off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X