Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs that the Lyrics just have stuck in your mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs that the Lyrics just have stuck in your mind.

I was listening to Shuffle in the car and it kicked out Camarillo Brillo from Zappa/Mothers, and I still knew all the words.
    Other tracks by far preferred artists I struggle with more than a few words or lines; but every word I knew and sung in time.
    Although it must be said there are some nice juicy words to remember.

The other song I know better than other songs I really like is Ernie by Benny Hill

Actually far too many other tracks from Overnite Sensation by Zappa - a dirty mind keeps dirty thoughts I suppose.

Lou Reed’s Walk on the wild side is one of the few songs I know all the lyrics to.

Comment

I know all the words to literally hundreds of songs, and can recall them even if I haven't heard them in years.

This is in no way any kind of brag; I firmly believe that the random shit (lyrics, obscure facts, old telephone numbers) that are stuck in my brain stop me from remembering more important stuff, like birthdays, appointments or where I left my keys.

Comment

Ditto. Why is my brain full of TV commercials from the 70s, instead of Shakespeare's sonnets? I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
        X