Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF vs "The Greatest League In The World™"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

Comment

Your ignorance of the sacred texts for the season is disgraceful :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-12-2017, 17:02.

Comment

Oh, I Googled the name and came up with him and wondered why I was like the bloke out of This Life.

I also found out that he is from Bath and went to my son's old school with Paul Tidsdale. Both well before my son, obvs.

Comment

And you really ought to listen to the SMERSHPod episode on that film which came out today. Or as it has now been renamed in honour of most of the plot strands: "Fuck The Help".

Comment

That title alone has made me chuckle enough to want to listen to it. Nice one Snakey.

Interesting to learn Love Actually has been incorporated into the Bond universe, by the way.

Comment

It has Christmas Jones in it, so that makes it Bond. Link to Pod in question

https://twitter.com/SMERSHPOD/status/944092729755258881

Comment

I fucking hated Love Actually.

Comment

I’ve never seen the whole thing. Just bits of Mr Lincoln being all sensitive and shit. I have seen four Weddings at least 5 or 6 times but. Fucking TEFL. Mr Bean videos for the elementary students, Four Weddings for the higher levels. Bag of ineffectual middle class shite. Like catnip for a certain kind of student but, that whole ever so English farcy bullshit.

Richard Cunting Curtis, what a cunt. And fucking Atkinson. Guess we have to face the terrible truth that Ben fucking Elton once made things vital and funny (I genuinely don’t understand what people could possibly find funny in the first Blackadder).

Comment

Fucking Ray, hi-jacking threads with his own obsessions.

Back on topic, I watched that Arsenal-Liverpool match and that looked fun. Is it all like that? I will go back to watching if it is.

Comment

Youse are all fucking idiots. I’m trying to sit through the execrable ‘The Holiday’* for the first time since it ruined the evening of my 38th birthday and it makes me appreciate anew (not that it was really needed) what a stone cold bloody masterpiece ‘Love Actually’ is.

Richard Curtis is a modern day genius with a largely wonderful body of work, don’t make me bust out my treatise directly comparing his filmography with Van Halen Proper’s back catalogue because I will.

* my 16 year old daughter’s choice
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-12-2017, 11:58.

Comment

Of course, it's crap, it's got Jude Law in (the male Scarlett Johanssen). Indeed, I thought she was in it as well but I may have been mixing it up with, I think, Match Point

Comment

If Jude Law is ever in a film half as good as Under the Skin I’d forgive him even AI.

Comment

Working...
                          X