Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF vs "The Greatest League In The World™"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and Paul S: Onslow was Eddie Yates. He got happy in the end.

*Obviously Snake, you knew this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      I know this is a wind up, but for fuck sake, you might as well call me heterosexual.
      No, it's not, at least not by me. You were always, always, Rangers.

Comment

Haha Gero, you must have the online equivalent of “Protestant Eyebrows”, as a bampot on Baird’s Bar once said to me menacingly.

Comment

Well, I have never been so insulted in my life.

My protestant Irish mother, with her father being the leader of an Orange Lodge, has obviously taught me well.

Amazing how these qualities shine through amongst the rubble of homosexuality, intelligence, and love. If only my other parent wasn't such a cunt, too.

OK. It's true. I love Rangers, and all their works...

<Blackadder: Oh, fire, fire. Ah good. Right. So let's recap. Um... if I admit that I am in love...

Torturer: No! No!

Blackadder: Sorry, head over heels in love with Satan and all his little wizards, then you will remove my testicles with a blunt instrument...

Torturer: Una guadaña, una guadaña.

Blackadder: ...resembling some kind of gardening tool but we can't quite... um... and roast them over a large fire.

Torturer: Si, Si.

Blackadder: Whereas if I don't admit that I'm in love with Satan and... and... all his... his little wizards, y-you will hold me upside down in a vat of warm marmalade.

Torturer: Y!

Blackadder: And remove my testicles with a blunt... oh I see. Well, well, in that case, I love Satan.>

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
            I watch Match of the Day at this site.
            Ah cheers for that. I had no idea.

I get most of my EPL via the Guardian Football Weekly podcast. I watch Sportschau on Saturdays. I go to most of my local team's home games. At least the 3. Liga is a genuinely competitive league.

Comment

I know this is a wind up, but for fuck sake, you might as well call me heterosexual.
              Hold on, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                Hold on, what?
                Saying something that is so obviously untrue about me.

*Hang on... did you think I meant something else?

Comment

Gero the straight Hun. From fucking Embra as well, no doubt.

Everything you know is wrong.

Comment

It could only be worse, if I were humourless.

Comment

It's the 'Ger' bit in the name that throws me. And like many Celtic fans, you talk about Rangers a lot. Maybe, I'm not so sure. Like I say, I don't follow all the threads like I used to when I was an enslaved house-dad and never got out the front door.

Always knew you were straight, though.

Comment

Misreading Gero's username as Gerrintaethum-phile?

And he REALLY hates Eurovision

Comment

It could only be worse, if I were humourless.
                          Anyway, Never mind the Rangers/Celtic Sexuality stuff. Let's get to the Elephant in the room.

Arsenal? Fucking Arsenal??

Comment

Sparta Rotterdam, eh? Always had Gero pinned as a Feyenoord sort of chap, being the straight-up-and-down bloke he is.

Comment

I have stopped my Sky Sports and BT subscriptions over 18 months ago, never watch MOTD, hardly ever watch MOTD2, can't stand Alan Green on Five Live nor Jason Mohammad on 606 ... so just live matches for me these days ... and these are at their most infrequent since I was about 12 years old!

Comment

While it used to dominate my time to a level that was near obsessional, in recent years I found I have almost completely lost interest in threads about how much people have lost interest in football.

Comment

Still have Sky (for other, OTF-frowned-upon sports) but my engagement in top flight football is as low as it's ever been.

My lifelong club, Tottenham, are flying as high as I've known, and helpfully have even started playing in a much larger stadium closer to home than before... still can't be arsed to go along.

Fantasy League is the length of cotton preventing me from being cut entirely adrift.

I go along to Berkhamsted FC a few times a year and stand determinedly alone lest I get involved in a conversation with anyone. I'm properly Middle Aged And Grumpy, and loving that.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                    Sparta Rotterdam, eh? Always had Gero pinned as a Feyenoord sort of chap, being the straight-up-and-down bloke he is.
                                    and he likes a lot of chocolate on his biscuit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      While it used to dominate my time to a level that was near obsessional, in recent years I found I have almost completely lost interest in threads about how much people have lost interest in football.
                                      This isn't that thread. I see a fair amount of interest in football on here.

Comment

It’s a gag, sourpuss.

Comment

Nice picture of Gero and the Mrs here;

Comment

LOL. I was vaguely pondering today about how I came to this chronic mis-perception. I think it's because ever since my youth I've always tuned out the whole Rangers-Celtic rivalry. It's too much like Israel-Palestine, minus the geopolitical relevance. Which is nothing to do with Gerontophile at all - probably just means that when he was writing about the OF, I skimmed onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              It’s a gag, sourpuss.
                                              Actually, I was thinking afterwards that it was a really good line and, if I can't give you credit for that at Christmas, then when can I?

Comment

In terms of Premier League TV coverage, this has been a gradual decline for me since the early 2000s. During our last spell in the Premier I didn't even bother with MOTD on a weekly basis. Now I just find the Norwich goals online, which is a lot easier to source when you're in the second tier as there are less issues with copyright (I don't do Sky or BT). The Champions League has no interest for me whatsoever.

However I pretty much religiously listened to and enjoyed the Radio 5 coverage up until the last few years, but various factors have led to me giving up completely. The Premier League obsession is one, but I was gradually worn down by the likes of Alan Green, Mark Lawrenson and especially the appalling Robbie Savage.

Also, there were times I did try to tune in to a match (not necessarily a Premier League one) and instead there would be a panel discussion on the latest "talking points". This usually involved someone berating the officials, or debating (yet again) the merits/controversies of "the special one". Same old shit basically.

Comment

Have had Sky for years, but now watch far more cricket and rugby league than football. When Leicester are playing, then I'll watch, and if there is an interesting derby came such as the recent Sheffield one (sorry adhoc and longeared), then I'll make an effort to see it through. I record MotD an dskip though most of it, just watching for goals and interesting talking points. CL is but a distant memory; even when Leicester where rampaging through the fields of Europe I made no effort to go and see it somewhere. Will watch Soccer Saturday on mute with music playing as the repeated howls of "Goooooooooooooooal" from fuckwits Merson and Thompson does my head in.

Like Arturo and many others, I used to listen to Radio 5 religiously, but simply cannot be bothered anymore, especially with the pricks they now employ, even when travelling from a match I'd rather listen to my playlists. It's a bit sad when you consider how brilliant it used to be, especially when the late, great Peter Jones was commentating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                                    Actually, I was thinking afterwards that it was a really good line and, if I can't give you credit for that at Christmas, then when can I?
                                                    Alright Andrew Lincoln, calm down.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X