Christmas jumpers - Bah fucking humbug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas jumpers - Bah fucking humbug.

Save the Children have a campaign where children pay £1 to wear a Christmas jumper to school. Seems like a good idea until you realise that most of those kids' parents will be rushing out to buy those jumpers for, at least, 5 times that much and they will probably be made by the type of kids they are trying to save. When will this trend fuck off?

I bought my first ever Christmas jumper this year. Captain America themed.

Comment

Good grief.

Comment

My office has a Christmas jumper day every year. One or two make their own, which I can sort of respect, others spend the aforementioned wedge. My effort this year was a plain dark green with no pattern or decoration whatsoever. Positively festive compared with last year’s grey number.

Comment

I like the Oxford United Christmas jumper. Sold out unfortunately. Anyway I didn't have any suitable events to attend

Last edited by Nefertiti2; 20-12-2017, 05:59.

Comment

That Oxford number is quite nice, much better than the elf halfsies in club colours that other teams do.

If I had to wear one, and it's no loss not to, this might be the answer:

Comment

We also had a Christmas jumper day this year. I conveniently had the day off.

Comment

The other one I've seen I'd contemplate wearing is Marx as Santa saying 'All I want for xmas is the means of production'

Comment

My son asked for this on his Christmas list a few years ago, and we obliged. He still wears it occasionally although with Christmas being sweltering hot here the opportunities are rare. Can't say I really mind:

Comment

They've badly misspelled Maidenhead there, Sits. I mean, it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                      Good grief.
                      Behold its awesomeness.

Comment

My daughter has one which says "Let it Snow" and a picture of him out of Game of Thrones. The joke hasn;t lasted as long as the jumper as you might imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                          They've badly misspelled Maidenhead there, Sits. I mean, it's not even close.
                          He was lost to the Toon as a little lad when Shearer had just gone there and was still "the man". Never been near the place. He only discovered the original Magpies a few years ago and now follows them on FB. They were never (even) this good when we lived there. We used to use their car park sometimes on work days though.

Comment

I've never owned one. I like the idea of this one even though to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the band:

Comment

I don’t own a jumper of any sort. The ones on this thread... no.

Comment

I used to have 4 jumpers, now I have 4 sweaters. None of them remotely Festive.

*If I could find a pink 'Santa' hat, I'd wear that.

Comment

What's the difference between a jumper and a sweater?

Comment

Location.

And I abhor this whole 'Christmas sweater' thing. Spending real money on gag clothing should be banned outright. See also '40th birthday gifts'.

Comment

Gifts are shit. Presents are great.

Comment

What's the difference between a gift and a present?

Comment

Did you not read my post?

Comment

Clever dick.

Comment

I own a Christmas-Jumper styled cycling jersey that will go out on its annual outing on Sunday. You probably all hate me for this, but I don't care. You're all just miserable and cynical

Comment

TT is. I'm charming and engaging.

Comment

I'm often miserable. I reject cynical, mind.

I'm happy enough with clever dick.
                                                  Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 19-12-2017, 22:08.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X