Paddington 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddington 2

I had saved watching this until today so my whole family could accompany me for my birthday. I had high expectations due to the quality of the excellent first film and from recent reviews but they were exceeded.

It is just bloody marvelous - properly funny, heartwarming and tear-jerking as well as carrying on the allegories about refugees, immigrants & inclusion from the first film and continuing the ‘Love letter to London’ feel of it’s predecessor.

Hugh Grant continues his later career renaissance and pretty much steals the show, of course. That said, the whole cast are fantastic with Brendan Gleeson and everyone else in the prison scenes particularly standing out.

One of the films of the year.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-12-2017, 18:48.

I meant to post about this a while ago, but somehow it slipped my mind. Couldn't agree more - it's brilliant. Hugh Grant is particularly funny, and the film easily holds up against it's predecessor (if anything exceeds it). My partner, who is a big Paddington fan, was in bits at times, but loved it.

Comment

Yes! I can't think of a bad thing about it. It even managed to through in a tribute to both the Paddington TV Series and Chaplin's Modern Life.

Comment

Yes, it was ace. As good as, and maybe better than the first. Loved the Brendan Gleeson "baguette" joke!

Comment

We've booked in to watch it on Boxing Day at the local cinema. Looking forward to it immensely.

Comment

Working...
          X