Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Very, very close to coming true.
    Bollocks. I had 15 quid on Palace at 13s.

Comment

When you look at recent "Goal of the Season" competitions compared with those of even the early to mid '90s, it's crazy how many astonishing goals are scored nowadays that we, almost, take for granted.

Players are even scoring new types of goals, ridiculous backheels, rabonas and scorpion kicks that no one would've ever considered trying a couple of decades ago.

Comment

Modern-day players don't have to contend with bobbles, long grass, no grass, mud or puddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Stobart View Post
          Modern-day players don't have to contend with bobbles, long grass, no grass, mud or puddles.
          True but I do think the average player now is more skillful

Comment

It's not just skill either - the modern game is played at a noticeably higher pace and intensity, meaning the room for error is narrowed.

Comment

Modern players also have an astonishing ability to collapse to the floor when it suits them.

Comment

My god, whatever happened to Stan Cummins? He could have been Iniesta that kid. Probably, literally, kicked out the game. Again, like shitty pitches, that's something the modern player doesn't necessarily have to contend with.

Madrid late 50s. Ajax early 70s, Bayern mid 70s. Milan late 80s. Barca late noughties. The only English team to come close to these sides dominating their era was Liverpool. Man City are having a great, exceptional season. I'd still like to see them do it 3 or 4 seasons on the trot.

Personally, the team that gave me the greatest pleasure as a neutral in England was the mid - 80s Everton side.

Comment

Working...
                X