It's Derby Day! Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Derby Day! Weekend matchgoing

It's the A5 Derby for me: Cricklewood Wanderers v South Kilburn. Actually, as they both play in the Vale Farm complex, it's really a Sudbury Derby...

Off to deepest deepest Lincolnshire for Boston United v Southport. Boston are the form side having two league wins in the last three months compared to Southport none, with one coming last weekend. Planning to stop over on Friday night to do Thrapston Town v Bugbrooke St Michaels.

Comment

Hull v Brentford

Clubs usually sack their managers AFTER being beaten by #TeamsLikeBrentford. Here’s hoping that Nigel Adkins doesn’t give them a new manager bounce.

Comment

Not got plans yet. Sister in law coming this weekend so unlikely to be able to get to a game. If I do it might be Llantwit Major in the Welsh League

Comment

Looks like I'll be at the Oxford United Doncaster Rovers - M 40 v M18 clash.

Comment

Expect that snow and frozen pitches are going to mess with the programme tomorrow, but hoping to go to the Sandy Lane Derby - Worksop Town v Handsworth Parramore.

Yesterday I went to the UK Championship snooker in York. Saw an unusual interruption to play as the screw from Ricky Walden's extension threaded into his cue. Ronnie v Sunny Akani was fun in the evening, unfortunately I had to leave before the climax to get the last train home (my friends who live near the Barbican have moved since last year, very inconsiderate of them). Enjoyed watching the conclusion in a pub in Donny while seeing my mate and the seat I had vacated four times in ten minutes.

Comment

Molesey are playing Carshalton tonight for some reason. The club’s sole, last minute tweet about it says it’s to allow people to go Xmas shopping on Saturday. Given they are bottom of the league’s attendances tables with an average of 70 and do next to nothing to promote themselves, I’m not sure it’s going to do much good. I may go though.

Tomorrow afternoon is wherever I can get to once my parental responsibilities are discharged and may well depend on match postponements. Options in ascending order of distance are :

Sheerwater v Ash United - Combined Counties League D1
              Dorking Wanderers v Tooting & Mitcham - Isthmian Premier
              Westfield v Epsom & Ewell - CCL Premier
              Knaphill v AFC Hayes - CCL Premier
              Farnborough v King’s Lynn Town - Southern Premier
              Aldershot v FC Halifax Town - Conference Premier

It should be a wild Hunter S Thompsonesque gonzoid road trip with me setting out with naught but a devil-may-care attitude and no real idea of the final destination. I will concede that to the uninitiated eye it may resemble a middle-aged man pottering around the Home Counties consulting his phone and satnav.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-12-2017, 15:09.

Comment

I may be in attendance at Chesterfield v Barnet. 24th v 23rd in League Two. Marvellous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  It should be a wild Hunter S Thompsonesque gonzoid road trip with me setting out with naught but a devil-may-care attitude and no real idea of the final destination. I will concede that to the uninitiated eye it may resemble a middle-aged man pottering around the Home Counties consulting his phone and satnav.
                  You are BB&F's alt account and ICMFP.

Comment

I'll be at the M1 derby between Barnsley and erm... Derby.

We'll be losing our fifth in a row and Sam Winnall will score for them.

Comment

Thrapston Town v Bugbrooke St Michael's survived tonight, although away from the pitch it was quite frosty and the ground was pretty hard. Ground is shared with cricket, so all the stands are on one side. Entertaining game with lots of chances for both teams, although both sides seemed better at kicking the ball over the bar than at the goal for much of the first half. The visitors scored just before half time but the hosts equalled about the hour mark. Bugbrooke retook the lead with a scorching shot from thirty odd metres out, but a late penalty gave Thrapston a penalty. Much of the match was accompanied by bell ringing from a nearby church.

Now trying to work out alternatives in case the freeze affects Boston tomorrow.

Comment

A very, very good day just got better. Day off work so Christmas shopping all finished, lovely long walk with the dogs, Christmas decorations and lights all put up, log fire going, bottle of red wine and live cricket from NZ. Mate sends me a text that he has a spare ticket for Newcastle v Leicester AND will pick me up from home on way to match. A lovely end to a lovely day; hope the game and result matches it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                          Looks like I'll be at the Oxford United Doncaster Rovers - M 40 v M18 clash.
                          That's where I should be, but I'm now moving flats this weekend, so will console myself instead with the frankly Dickensian sounding Dulwich Hamlet v Brightlingsea Regent.

Comment

Molesey 0 Carshalton Athletic 0

Freezing, bloody awful game where both sides’ passing and shooting were so comically bad neither of them deserved a goal, nor even a point really.

The worst game erstwhile OTFer Mirko Bolesan or I have seen all season and to top it off Molesey don’t appear to sell Bovril any more.

Comment

Trencin vs Zilina in the last set of Slovak league fixtures before the winter break. These sides are the great entertainers, with Trencin's 18 games so far featuring 70 goals and Zilina's 61.
                              It's been very snowy here the last two weeks, but Trencin have a 4G so there'll be no problem about the game going ahead.

Lovely Christmas market in Trencin, under the spectacular castle, so it'll be punch and/or gluhwein before and after the game. Looking forward.

Comment

I’m looking at attending the day’s big Milton Keynes derby clash between Unite MK and Old Bradwell United.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                  Much of the match was accompanied by bell ringing from a nearby church.
                                  Friday night is their practice night in Thrapston.

Comment

Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday. Two sides who haven't set the world alight so far this season. Not sure the watching millions (thousands? hundreds?) on Sky will be treated to a thrill a minute offering, given the dire offerings at Carrow Road this season. 4-4 it is then.

Comment

Done the cold and icy Corby parkrun this morning, and now found out that Southport's game at Boston is off. Trying to work out where to go now - looking at a variety of options around the Humber.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                        That's where I should be, but I'm now moving flats this weekend, so will console myself instead with the frankly Dickensian sounding Dulwich Hamlet v Brightlingsea Regent.
                                        Dulwich Hamlet still have a ground, just. Not sure what the dispute with the owners of the ground is.

Comment

Most games around north Bucks have been postponed due to frozen pitches, so there’s no live football for me this afternoon.

Comment

On the bus to Dudenhofen now to watch them try and become the first team to take a point off Homburg this season. The visitors have won all 21 matches so far, only conceded nine goals and are 13 points clear at the top of the Oberliga. But will they be able to deal with bitterly cold weather and 120 home fans politely clapping another missed chance for Dudenhofen? Probably.

Sandhausen v. Bielefeld tomorrow, to make this a rare two-match weekend. In the Family Stand for that one, meeting a mate and his son and hoping that the game will hold their attention for the full 90 minutes!

Comment

After two minutes, South Kilburn have missed a sitter and Cricklewood have scored from SK's subsequent corner...

Comment

Two-nil Cricklewood. It's going to be in long afternoon for South Kilburn...

Comment

Three from a corner, and the blame game is well underway...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X