Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy

I watched the first episode of a new SyFy series called "Happy" based on a graphic novel by Grant Morrison.

Here's what the reviewer at AV Club accurately said about it:

If I was trying to sell someone on Syfy’s new drama Happy!, I would tell them that the premiere episode is kind of like a funnier Punisher or a darker Die Hard, funneled through the lens of hallucinatory drugs. And I mean all of those things in the most positive way.
    https://www.avclub.com/happys-christ...mie-1821060123

Here's a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2LuRPtTPiY

I don't have time to watch this tonight, but I had a quick look, and it's... intriguing. I like Chris Meloni, anyway.

Comment

I would tell them that the premiere episode is kind of like a funnier Punisher or a darker Die Hard, funneled through the lens of hallucinatory drugs.
      That's Grant Morrison alright. I actually haven't read the comic, which is unusual for me as I've read most of his non-superhero stuff. I should probably do that before I watch this.

Comment

I haven't read the comic--I haven't read any of the comics that my favorite shows are based on. Outcast, Lucifer, all of the Marvel ones and any other ones that I'm forgetting right now. One would think I was a big fan of comics and graphic novels, but I really just like the live-action versions. I might be intellectually lazy.

Comment

I tend to dislike the live action shows, so I'd kind of like my first encounter with the story to be the book.

Comment

So I forgot about this on Wednesday, but happily discovered ep2 waiting for me on the DVR. The main villain guy is cheesy and cliche, but fortunately, he doesn't get a lot of screen time (I hope it stays that way--I'm sick of cliche bad guys, since we have one in the WH right now). I like Chris Meloni and am enjoying the show so far.

Comment

Working...
            X