No announcement yet.

Famous artists you've never heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll just politely disagree on this one, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      As for the sheer musicianship thing, it doesn't interest me in the least. Technical proficiency is bupkis compared to a bit of anger or some desire to express an idea. I love the rawness of The Fall and the messiness of Fucked Up. There are tons of proficient musicians, Toto among them. Ever gotten excited over Toto?
      Whenever I hear the opening chords to Africa come up on the radio...

No, of course not.

Comment

We'll just politely disagree on this one, I think.
        I still can't remember what my point was going to be, but take it from me that it was incontrovertible. Probably.

Anyway, Can, eh? They're good.

Comment

They really are. Someone gave me a shit-ton of 'you must hear this' music years ago on burned CDs. Tago Mago was among them, but I don't think I ever played it. Or maybe I gave it five minutes and didn't catch on. Who knows.

Comment

Westlife and Beyoncé.

I'm sure I must have heard something by them at some point, but I couldn't tell you what.

(Or did Beyoncé sing 'Single Ladies'?)

Comment

Yes, she did

Comment

As for the sheer musicianship thing, it doesn't interest me in the least. Technical proficiency is bupkis compared to a bit of anger or some desire to express an idea. I love the rawness of The Fall and the messiness of Fucked Up. There are tons of proficient musicians, Toto among them. Ever gotten excited over Toto?
                Yeah. In large part because of Cheryl Lynn's vocals, but everything about this track is wonderful. Special mention for Steve Lukather's guitar solo.

Comment

I have heard music by Ed Sheeran, but I would not be able to recognise a song by him, never mind name one. The same goes for many contemporary big stars.

Comment

Working...
                  X