New WSC with English Managers For English Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New WSC with English Managers For English Jobs

I must try and find the documentary on Chile that Cameron Carter refers to.

Yes, it sounds fascinating.

Harry Pearson's column will be the subject of a letter to the magazine from me.

Comment

Ooh. A stroppy letter?

My copy arrived 2 days ago and is sitting unwrapped on the dining room table. I feel a bit meh about the mag at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        Ooh. A stroppy letter?

My copy arrived 2 days ago and is sitting unwrapped on the dining room table. I feel a bit meh about the mag at the moment.
        So do I Patrick Thistle, I don't think it's going through a great stage at the moment. Not sure why, maybe it's just me but I usually find something that interests me every month.

Comment

Ooh. A stroppy letter?

Nah, not stroppy, just a 'That reminds me of...' letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
            Nah, not stroppy, just a 'That reminds me of...' letter.
            I read that article in the pub last night and even made a note to the effect that I should write a letter. I can't for the life of me remember what it would be about though. So I'll probably have to read it again.

Comment

The Paul Lake centre spread was interesting

Comment

Cover decides not to follow through on The Who reference..?

Comment

Yeah, that was definitely a chance missed, assuming the caption writer was even aware there was one when he wrote it.

Comment

I read it as implied, but probably imagined a "..".

Comment

I'm trying out the Exact Editions "Exactly" Android app and reading the Evans Above - Ipswich Town article in the pub. The app has pretty poor reviews but seems okay so far.

Comment

My copy landed in Holland this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                          Cover decides not to follow through on The Who reference..?
                          This one?

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/939437338639335424

Comment

The picture at the foot of page 38 is the League Cup final, not the FA Cup.

Comment

The Paul Lake centre spread was interesting
                              My eyes are watering just picturing this. I hope you don't mean what I'm thinking of, PT.

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                              Yeah, that was definitely a chance missed, assuming the caption writer was even aware there was one when he wrote it.
                              Yeah, I'm erring about 70-30 on the side of that caption being a deliberate reference. I immediately assumed it was obliquely quoting the Who, but then figured there was a decent chance it was purely being sarky and it was just an accidental echo making it seem cleverer than it was.

Haven't delved far into the issue yet (only as far as the 89 film review), but not having been paying much attention to goings-on at Portman Road lately I was quietly stunned to read the Ipswich article – the revelation that in 10 years of ownership Marcus Evans "has never appeared in public or TV; there are no photos of him on the club website" and "will not talk directly to the fans or the media. All communications from the owner are statements on the official website". I find this shadowiness (?) faintly horrifying for some reason.

Comment

The article on Hampden Park read like it came straight out of a Rangers or Celtic press release. There's virtually no groundswell of opinion amongst Scottish fans to abandon the national stadium and hold internatinals at Ibrox or Parkhead, and fucking shame on WSC for giving the impression that this was so.

Comment

I read the Wrexham match review.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                    I read that article in the pub last night and even made a note to the effect that I should write a letter. I can't for the life of me remember what it would be about though. So I'll probably have to read it again.
                                    Too late for a letter, but I remembered what it was about. I was at Harry Pearson's first ever game - Boro v Derby (0-0) in 1968. The game sticks in the memory for two reasons. Firstly, it was Brian Clough's first visit to Ayresome Park as a manager since he left as a player seven years earlier. Secondly, it was my first experience of injustice caused by refereeing decisions - Dave Mackay 'blatantly' handled the ball in the Derby penalty area but the referee waved play on. Harry's story is more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                    X