No announcement yet.

Cricket Season 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking hell, how on earth did we win that? 104-5 early in the 16th over and managed to pick our way to 157, then Durham were halfway to their target with all their wickets standing at the midpoint of their innings and we still won by 10 runs.

Comment

I know that this is all I post about in this thread (or similar) but how is the only 1st class game happening on the middle Saturday of July a 2020 game in Chelmsford?

There are, at least, championship games starting on Sunday. Although I don't understand why they're running Sunday to Wednesday. Should I go to Lords, Canterbury or Brighton? While I'm nominally Warks I can't stand Lords as a place. I'm quite tempted by the day night game in Brighton.

Comment

Have I got all of the names? Or am I missing some?

Why do teams have different colours for t20?

Derbyshire Scorpions Phantoms Falcons
        Durham formerly Dynamos Jets
        Essex Eagles
        Glamorgan Dragons
        Gloucestershire Gladiators
        Hampshire Hawks
        Kent Spitfires
        Lancashire Lightning
        Leicestershire Foxes
        Middlesex Crusaders Panthers
        Northants Steelbacks
        Notts Outlaws
        Somerset Sabres
        Surrey Lions
        Sussex Sharks
        Warwickshire Bears
        Worcestershire Royals Rapids
        Yorkshire Phoenix Vikings

Comment

Jordan Clark just took a hat trick. In a Roses match. With the victims being Root, Williamson and Bairstow. Difficult to top that.

Comment

Yorkshire tweeted "Root has settled quickly" two minutes before it took place.

Comment

The pitch is very flat in Brighton but it is otherwise lovely. Sussex 114/1 at tea (?) .

The pink ball is very good to follow.

Comment

This Roses match is one of those great matches which keeps going back and forth. Lancashire start with that incredible hattrick, and have Yorkshire reeling. Then the tale wags taking them from 86/6 to 192 all out. Yorkshire then retake the initiative and bowl Lancashire out for 109 (after they had been 55/1). This morning, Yorkshire bat again quickly fall to 21/3, before Brooks and Bairstow put on not only the first 50 partnership in the match but then turn it into a century partnership. Currently 130/3 with both batsmen over 50, and Yorkshire with a lead of 212

Comment

Did Root and Bairstow need to get permission to play in this?

Comment

Pendulum swinging again, Yorkshire go from 154-3 to 170-6

Comment

I think Yorkshire have enough, effectively 321-9.

Bairstow 82 off 67 balls might be the clincher.

Comment

Just as you post, the final wicket falls after more tail wagging*. 239 all out, a lead of 322

(*Well Steven Patterson anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                          Jordan Clark just took a hat trick. In a Roses match. With the victims being Root, Williamson and Bairstow. Difficult to top that.
                          And I believe I read somewhere yesterday that the last time a Lancastrian took a hat trick in a Roses match, Yorkshire went on to win by an innings.

Comment

Went to Chesterfield today in punishingly hot conditions for Derbyshire v Northamptonshire. The ball had been seaming around yesterday but the wicket had flattened out today. Don't know what my record for runs before lunch is but Northants had a good crack at it with 134. Alex Wakely hit a ton, played well and offered no chances until one raised on him and a sharp slip catch got him on 106. Northants gave their wickets away after that and Derby looked relatively untroubled until the clouds rolled in and there was a late collapse.

Could tell I was watching second division cricket though, apart from the poor batting there was loose bowling and some very poor fielding from both sides. Derby managed eleven (11!) misfields, a dropped catch and an overthrow in the first hour alone. Stopped counting after that.

Nice to be allowed on the outfield during the interval. Crowd about 800 at a total guess. Shout out to the bloke I spotted reading a WSC with Mancini and Bellamy on the front (2010 I think)

Comment

So the pitch at Brighton may not have been quite as flat as it appeared on day one and the issue might be elsewhere as Sussex won in two days yesterday, dismissing Glamorgan for 85 and then 88.

I had a lovely day on Sunday. The ground has more stands than I was expecting and I overheard people around me discussing if the club should consider making them permanent. Sussex looked ok batting in the first and last sessions but during the middle one runs dried up and they got a bit desperate. Finch nearly got himself run out a couple of times as he tried to get his first run.

Comment

Root's not had a good game with the bat, but his bowling figures currently stand at 2 - 2 - 0 - 2

Comment

Conceded a run in his third over, rather spoiling his figures, but another wicket maiden to follow makes him now 4 - 3 - 1 - 3

Comment

All over, Yorkshire win by 118. Root's second innings bowling figures are a respectable 7.4 - 5 - 5 - 4

Comment

Liam Livingstone - hero!

Comment

Originally posted by The Bretwalda View Post
                                        Liam Livingstone - hero!
                                        Part of me is sorry to see that he didn't actually face a ball

https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1021718967260520448

Comment

I'm not sure I can see the point in that. If there had been only 20-30 runs in it or a proper batter at the other end, perhaps ..

Comment

I can only think it's because he's the captain and felt he had to show bravery.

Comment

Nepal-Netherlands T20 International from Lord's should be streaming here in a few minutes.

Both Nepal and Netherlands crushed MCC in the preliminaries (reduced to six overs due to the rain)

Comment

Strong piece from Matthew Engel

Comment

If someone had wanted to utterly kill the idea of a city franchise T20 league, they could have done worse than invent The Hundred. If I didn't know any better, I'd suspect this is what's going on.

Comment

Guh.

Yorkshire (or should I say The Vikings) were bloody awful with the bat last night.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X