No announcement yet.

Cricket Season 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer 2017's Moeen Ali has just smashed 100 off 70 balls for Worcestershire at Edgbaston. Hope he's back doing that for England soon

Comment

Quite spectacular bit of what-iffery from Derbyshire captain:

"If we'd have been able to bat for 50 overs I'm sure we could have got at least four runs an over and we'd have been more than capable of scoring over 200, then it's a completely different chase for them."

But you didn't. You batted for 35 overs. At 3 runs an over. And were all out for 110.

Comment

Yorkshire struggling in Chelmsford. 74/4 (16.2/50)5

Comment

Inevitable really given that no fewer than the top 5 of our "white ball" squad are currently on duty with England

Comment

Good point! The organisation of the English cricketing season really makes no sense, does it?

Comment

Ballance went and made 91. Now 180/5 (40.2) so looking a bit healthier for the white roses.

Comment

It's all getting interesting down at Chelmsford!

Comment

I think that required run rate will be beyond Essex, won't it?

Comment

Given that they're six down now, hopefully, yes.

Comment

40 from 3 overs, last pair in. Wagner on 22.

As Alan Partridge would say "Shit!" Wonderful 6. 34 off 17 balls.

Comment

Only 1 run off the next 6, then a 4 edged over the keeper. 29 from 10.

Comment

Coad and Bresnan have bowled very well.

28 off 8, Wagner off strike.

Comment

26 needed off last over. Beefy would struggled to get that.

I remember John Childs hitting 3 fours in the last over to win a Nat West tie. But seeing Mike Atherton was bowling it, that's not really much of a precedent.

Comment

Fisher bowls Wagner.

Still, good passage of play.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Played Yorkies.

Semi finals:
                                  Worcestershire v Kent on Sunday
                                  Hampshire v Yorkshire on Monday

Comment

Nicely concentrated fixtures, gives competition momentum. Still far cry from small boys in the park, Lords final September, last over in the fading light, isn't it, Simon Hughes, hit for 6, Neil Smith, isn't it?

Comment

On the other hand, it's an improvement that the best players in these games aren't knackered from playing county championship/test matches the day before, up the other end of the country.

Comment

Yet another semi final defeat coming our way...

Comment

When was our last final?

Comment

Whoa!

I'm going to Scarbados…

Comment

Two potentially extraordinary chases going on. Warks are 285-1 chasing 519, while Lancs are 317-4 chasing 602.

Their ineptness has been so disheartening that I didn't even realised that Glamorgan had got Khawaja as an overseas player (I knew they had Shaun Marsh earlier in the season) but he's scored centuries in his first two matches for us.

Comment

Lancs reached 398-6 (Jennings 177) and then were bowled out for 399.
                                                Warks are still in with a chance at 371-5 though both their centurions, Bell and Sibley, are out.

Comment

Yorkshire - Surrey is going to be livestreamed in its entirety from start of play today. I think it will be made available via their official websites.

Comment

Cheers MOF. So, do we have any preference between Hampshire and Kent for the One Day final?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X