Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has she ever been to Disney Springs?

Comment

I think she's long dead at this point. She was shafted by her nephew Dessie when the time came for the By election after Donogh died of a massive heart attack. Dessie narrowly won the seat, and then she ran against him as an independent at the next election and lost out by 200 votes for the last seat.

I don't think anyone could accuse Paddy kavanagh of aiming too low.

Their son went on to probably become the most recognisable Irish actor that no-one has ever heard of.

Comment

You should be proud of me for knowing the crossword one.

Comment

I really am

Comment

That "arrows" thing is a very, very old joke, older probably even than the bloke himself, and isn't true.

Comment

Aye probably 19th century Americky

ps to Ton Ton- was listening to an old colleague of yours earlier- Rathcoole Dave Anderson
              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 30-11-2017, 09:26.

Comment

Dave is a fascinating guy, and a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  The real thing is quite overwhelming. It's so fucking crazy. It and the caravaggio stand out like a lighthouse in a bog compared to most of the rest of the collection, which is mostly paintings of the Spinster Great Great great Great Great grand daughters of cromwellian planters, and their dogs, because those are the people who paid for the damn thing in the first place.
                  You are talking nonsense. There is a great Vermeer and Goya to start with. The Poussin / Claude room is sublime. The Dutch masters are well represented. A top notch Perugino. That is only scratching the surface. The quality of the collection is very high and they have done a good job on the refurbishment even if the layout still leaves a good bit to be desired.

Comment

Aye it’s not the worst at all. Like Edinburgh it’s fairly small, but does have some very good works on display. Considering there is a lack of a painterly tradition in Ireland almost as much as Scotland, it’s far from the worst National Gallery in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Aye it’s not the worst at all. Like Edinburgh it’s fairly small, but does have some very good works on display. Considering there is a lack of a painterly tradition in Ireland almost as much as Scotland, it’s far from the worst National Gallery in Europe
                      I remember the National Gallery in Dublin in the early 80s. It may or may not have had as many Old Masters then, but you'd barely have recognised them under thick layers of dust. It was a depressing place back then.

Comment

Working...
                      X