• Show
Clear All

incident at Oxford Circus station

Armed police on the scene,

Bugger. I'm due in town shortly.

Comment

latest met police tweet:

"
      If you are on Oxford Street go into a building. Officers are on scene and dealing. More info when we can"

Comment

met statement

"Police were called at 16:38hrs on Friday, 24 November to a number of reports of shots fired on Oxford Street and underground at Oxford Circus tube station.

Police have responded as if the incident is terrorist related. Armed and unarmed officers are on scene and dealing along with colleagues from British Transport Police.

If you are on Oxford Street go into a building and stay inside until further direction.

Avoid travelling to the Oxford Street area.

At this stage police have not located any casualties."

Comment

British Transport Police:

"at this stage, we have received one report of a woman sustaining a minor injury when leaving Oxford Circus station. There are no other reported casualties. More updates to follow."

Comment

Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

Comment

TLMG tells me that Stephen Waxy-Lemon is being his usual dickhead self on twitter.

Morons gonna moron.

Comment

Reports on BBC (Victoria Derbyshire’s show) that an electrical fault may have been mistaken for gunfire.

Edit: or, rather, one of the reporters on that show has Tweeted this.

Comment

Here's hoping that's true, and there's not a gun man somewhere still at large.

I wonder if the reports of the panic have been exaggerated a bit. People charging up and down steps in Oxford Circus station is a recipe for injuries, and there seems to have been precisely 1 minor injury.
                  Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 24-11-2017, 18:21.

Comment

Dear o Lord. If only these people ran everything, like they think they should.

Mail Online speculated that the incident at Oxford Circus in London involved a lorry crashing into pedestrians based on a social media post that was ten days old.

The website’s article on the incident included a headline referring to a lorry and quoted a Twitter post that was from 14 November. The Daily Mail UK Twitter account also posted

Witnesses describe seeing a lorry surrounded by police on a pavement covered with blood.

Mail Online quickly deleted references to the lorry from the article and the social media post. However, it was heavily criticised on social media for speculating about the incident.

Comment

Worse and I would say an act of criminal irresponsibility the Daily Mail Online used and a ten day old tweet which falsely said there'd been a lorry attack in Oxford street.

Comment

Absolutely, as it's been shared over 1000 times last time I looked, and idiots are now claiming an incident is being covered-up.

Comment

Working...
                        X