Wherever you go, there you are
    Teams
    Burnley, Boston Bruins
    Biscuit
    Hobnob
    Actor
    Kurt Russell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Why 'do' the likes of Shaw and Bolam do this? Are they under some kind of illusion that increased availability of their popular early work is going to be somehow undermining to their latter profiles?
    In Shaws case, he hated The Professionals because he always considered himself to be a Proper Serious Ac-tor. I think there is a bit about him in Taylors superb Professionals piece about Shaw slagging off the show inside the shows own Christmas Annual. - http://thequietus.com/articles/14873-the-professionals

Here's another quote from Martin Shaw: "I don't find much in The Professionals to make me explore myself as an artist." The source for that one? Ummm... the 1979 Professionals annual.

Teams
    Partick Thistle, Scotland
    Biscuit
    Caramel wafer
    Actor
    Henry Rollins (apparently)
    It's especially funny in Shaw's case as he's spent the latter years of his career in nonsense like Judge John Deed and Inspector George Gently, both of which make The Professionals look like an Arthur Miller play by comparison.

...nice though the abattoir is!
    Teams
    The patch, the pitch, the Poch...
    Biscuit
    Taffnell's Almond 'n' Raisin Shortie
    Actor
    Virginia McKenna in drag
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    In Shaws case, he hated The Professionals because he always considered himself to be a Proper Serious Ac-tor. I think there is a bit about him in Taylors superb Professionals piece about Shaw slagging off the show inside the shows own Christmas Annual. - http://thequietus.com/articles/14873-the-professionals
    They went ahead and published that?

Next week: Hidden track on recently-remastered Partridge Family Album found to contain David Cassidy quote: "Don't watch the show, it's b*llocks."*

(*Obviously not a widely-used expression in early-seventies LA, but whatever...)

not local
    Teams
    Dundee Utd, Gladbach, Atleti, Napoli
    [QUOTE=wittoner;1370769]
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    Despite the 'Northern working class' typecasting my auld fella's memories were of him lying on his bunk reading poetry.

Is it "Northern" people or "Working Class " people who aren't supposed to read poetry in your world?
    What ARE you wittonering on about?!

When I was his (national service) age it was all Sartre and De Beauvoir in my Fife cooncil hoose, dahling

Teams
    Witton Albion. Crewe Alex. Italia
    Biscuit
    Bourbon
    Actor
    Tom Courteney or Catherine Deneuve
    And if you're from Fife then I'm a southerner to you anyway so let's shake hands and forget it.

not local
    Teams
    Quote Originally Posted by wittoner View Post
    And if you're from Fife then I'm a southerner to you anyway so let's shake hands and forget it.
    Happy to!

not local
    Teams
    So I did my Billy Liar sessions. Only 1 group out of 3 found it funny but more surprising was that none of the local students knew Bewes or The Likely Lads.