• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy International Men's Day, fellas!

(So why isn't there a day for women?)

8th March. Or have I missed the joke?

Comment

http://ukmensday.org.uk/how-to-mark-imd-in-2017/

Quick, it's already more than halfway through.

Comment

Wow, this looks even lamer than that thing where Gove and Johnson were telling people to sweep up for the Queen.

YOU CAN HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN
        By wearing a stick-on moustache for no good reason all day long
        Errr, right, yeah...

Comment

Men. Ick.

Comment

Can I wish all the male folk here all the best on your Special Day.

Comment

Might have a tug to celebrate. Maybe I’ll wait till I get back from the shops first, what with pc gone mad and all.

Comment

*pulls sneaky reverse space invasion move*

I think the person who wrote the copy likes hairy men.

I like how the phrase "Have some serious fun" tops and tails a sombre list of serious issues affecting the male community.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                  (So why isn't there a day for women?)
                  The one thing you can count on with International Women's Day is a bunch of dudes on Twitter saying "when are we going to get an International Men's Day?" and when people point out to them that one already exists they go "oh...okay" and don't talk about it anymore.

Comment

Just wanted to add to MsD's good wishes and give men a big pat on the back. Thanks for all you do, men. I really don't know how you guys do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                      The one thing you can count on with International Women's Day is a bunch of dudes on Twitter saying "when are we going to get an International Men's Day?" and when people point out to them that one already exists they go "oh...okay" and don't talk about it anymore.
                      That was the joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                        Just wanted to add to MsD's good wishes and give men a big pat on the back. Thanks for all you do, men. I really don't know how you guys do it.

Thanks, I'm printing that and sticking to my fridge door with magnetic letters. I'll likely choose ones that make up a rude word.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                          That was the joke...
                          Ah. Either you're going to have to polish your delivery or I'm going to have to hone my powers of comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

Ouais bon, n'en fais pas trop qd même :-)…

Comment

I suppose one of the hidden benefits of abolishing gender and its attendant stereotypes would be that French stand-up comedians would have to write some different material.

Comment

It sounds dumb, but I’ve seen some stuff on social media using this to highlight issues that disproportionately impact men.

Men are more likely to commit suicide, for example.

Patrick Stewart was talking about how his dad abused his mom, which he attributes to untreated PTSD, which he got from his experience in WWII.

Comment

I suppose one of the hidden benefits of abolishing gender and its attendant stereotypes would be that French stand-up comedians Florence Foresti would have to write some different material.

Comment

The green pepper that I cut up for dinner tonight turned out to have a little pepper growing inside it which very closely resembled a pair of testicles. Spooky.

Comment

#manspreading

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                        The one thing you can count on with International Women's Day is a bunch of WANKERS on Twitter saying "when are we going to get an International Men's Day?" and when people point out to them that one already exists they go "oh...okay" and don't talk about it anymore.
                                        FTFY

Comment

I think the biggest issue men face is the toxic idea of 'being manly' ie sport, drinking, pulling girls etc etc Don't show weakness. Don't show sensitivity. Don't like "girly" things.

Comment

Working...
                                          X