Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stage Musicals

A friend of mine, who rides a Harley Davidson, was part of a group of Harley riders who were filmed driving through London as part of a promo for the Bat Out Of Hell thing. He didn't get a free ticket, though...

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I'm still annoyed I couldn't persuade anyone to accompany me to 'Bat Out of Hell' on it's London run recently. I realise there is a very good chance it was rubbish (the plot sounded a bit 'We Will Rock You') but it is one to be seen.

I think it's coming back to London next year and will drag the daughter to it.
    As reviewed over in One Touch Theatre, the music and dance numbers were amazing. The story and book were dogshit awful.

And I don't mean 'absurd, like We Will Rock You or Rock of Ages'. But just plain crap.

I have every comfort and every sport
    Teams
    The Welsh in anything and Wimbledon
    Biscuit
    Dark (NOT MILK) Chocolate Digestive.
    Actor
    Brendan Gleeson
    Ah, thanks. Not sure I was aware of 'One Touch Theatre', is it a thread in this part of the forum?

Biscuit
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    Indeed. 8 links below the current one.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...-Touch-Theatre

Teams
    Exeter City
    Biscuit
    Takes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
    I was about to go to a local production of My Fair Lady until I found out it was in Bavarian.
    When I was on a school exchange trip to Germany my host family (clearly at a loss what to do with this snotty teenager) took me to see a local production of Oklahoma!. I've never seen it in English, so the tunes are still stuck in my head as "Was für ein herrlicher Morgen", etc.

Presumably there are plenty of schools in non-English speaking countries that put on musicals (for one thing, you can rope in a lot more chorus kids and sell more tickets than for plays), so millions of traumatised kids must have had their own earworms featuring Rodgers & co in Portuguese or whatever.

I have every comfort and every sport
    Teams
    The Welsh in anything and Wimbledon
    Biscuit
    Dark (NOT MILK) Chocolate Digestive.
    Actor
    Brendan Gleeson
    Off to ‘Hamilton’ tonight with the entire family. Very excited as my younger daughter has got me hooked on the cast recording since last Easter.

Les Mis over Xmas was predictably excellent, spent large parts of it in tears post ‘Can You Hear The People Sing’ (i.e. almost the entire second half).