No announcement yet.

Impossible Burgers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put fried egg and bacon between two slices of toasted bread, it’s not a sandwich?

Comment

Of course it is (except to AP I guess), but that's not what bacon and eggs on toast is. Have you seriously never ordered that from a greasy spoon? It's "on" toast, not "in" toast.

Comment

Oh yeah, i was meaning takeaway. Beans on toast, eggs on toast, half my childhood foods were on toast.
        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-11-2017, 23:54.

Comment

For illustration purposes (admittedly the bacon is not very much on toast there but you get the idea):

So the name's already taken, is what I'm saying. You'll have to call your non-toasted toast sarnie thingie something else.

Comment

Bacon and eggs in toast just doesn’t sound quite right. So if it’s not a toasted bacon and egg Sanger i don’t know what to call it.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-11-2017, 21:39.

Comment

Why the salad? Some severe placebo, especially with that squeeze mayo stuff on it.

Comment

That picture is kind of off-putting isn't it. I wish I hadn't posted it now. I was trying to avoid all the fancy-looking artisan ones which didn't quite capture the essence of that particular delicacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  If you put fried egg and bacon between two slices of toasted bread, it’s not a sandwich?
                  No, it's stupid is what it is.

Are you telling me you could take a fried egg and bacon "sandwich" with you to work and consume it four hours later? It would be rank.

A sandwich has to have the ability to be wrapped up or put in a lunch box and eaten four hours later without changing significantly in taste profile.

That's why burgers are not sandwiches.
                  Last edited by anton pulisov; 20-11-2017, 23:11.

Comment

Madness.

I agree with your conclusion re burgers. But your workings are all wrong. I eat sandwiches after I make them or buy them. The the heating point becomes moot.

Comment

I’ve also a terrible feeling my Maw more than once sent me out with cold fried egg sandwiches in my lunchbox. It’s no wonder I barely ate more than a sparrow till my teens. And had nae pals.

Comment

Some absolute lunacy being spouted on this thread.

Comment

The definition of sandwich is getting narrower and narrower. Can you have tomatoes in sandwiches AP? They have the tendency to dampen the bread somewhat, possibly degrading the "exactly-as-it-was-when-it-was-prepared" nature of the sandwich. What about chutneys or pickles? Anything vaguely wet?

Comment

So, sandwiches are OTF's new biscuit?

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                              No, it's stupid is what it is.

Are you telling me you could take a fried egg and bacon "sandwich" with you to work and consume it four hours later? It would be rank.

A sandwich has to have the ability to be wrapped up or put in a lunch box and eaten four hours later without changing significantly in taste profile.

That's why burgers are not sandwiches.
                              Cold bacon sandwiches are perfectly fine; cold fried egg ones obviously not. Although boiled egg slices would be alright, hot or cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                That picture is kind of off-putting isn't it. I wish I hadn't posted it now. I was trying to avoid all the fancy-looking artisan ones which didn't quite capture the essence of that particular delicacy.
                                Interesting. I'd googled before you posted that and the results made me think 'huh, she's fancy'.

Comment

Toast in a fry up instead of a proper fried slice? PEVERTS, LUNATICS AND ICONOCLASTS!

Comment

I should at this point suggest that a 'toasted sandwich' isn't really a filling between two slices of toast.

But you knew that.

Comment

And that toasting a $5 sub (known as the quiznofication process) does not magically turn it into a $9 sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        So, sandwiches are OTF's new biscuit?
                                        If they are, I think that as a precautionary measure the moderators are going to be calling in backup.

Comment

Until now, I had always thought that it was the first part of the infamous two word review that Spinal Tap objected to.

Comment

Hold on, we are in a position where, having left my own thread unattended for two days, I come back and a bacon and egg sandwich isn't a sandwich? What the fuck is wrong with people?

On a vaguely related note, had some of those steamed buns the other day. What is going on with them? It was like having hot pork-flavoured marshmallow.

Comment

That sounds supremely foul. Is this steamed bun some Asian street food thing or artisanal Victorian revival bollocks?

Comment

It's a Chinese steamed bun, called bao. They're delicious.

Comment

#MoreForUs

Comment

I just saw my first ad for Impossible Burger on Twitter a few minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X