Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Battlefront II Debacle

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Johnny Velvet; 05-11-2021, 16:22.

I'm still occasionally playing Battlefront II (I), as it were, i.e. the sequel to the original PS2 Battlefront. It's still terrifically playable, and I can pick the heroes and villains of my choice to deal out slaughter with without needing to play for 2,000 hours or fork out hundreds of pounds. It was a much more straightforward era, wasn't it?

Comment

It's an interesting story to watch develop from the sidelines, so to speak. Like VA, I have the previous edition though I've not played for a long while. Pre-launch, I was tempted to get the new one but no so much that I preordered - my current gaming is predominantly PC based. I wasn't overly surprised at this news though, given it's EA, and now I'm glad I didn't bother.

Comment

EA responds by temporarily pulling microtransactions from the game.

It's fair to say that this is something of an omnishambles at this point.

Comment

This is why I hate modern games. I've tried to like them. I just use my PS4 for Netflix and as a blu ray player.

Mrs Thistle wants the new Nintendo thing with Mario on. "You can throw his cap on things and become that thing. You can become a dinosaur!" OK. Hopefully it won't be like every PS4 game where the first hour is spent setting up your fucking profile before you're able to play the game. PlayStation? AdministrationStation more like.

Comment

Apparently Mario Odyssey is a joy from start to finish. If I had 400 notes spare I'd buy a Switch just for that.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty great. It doesn't get all that challenging until near the end*, and I still prefer Galaxy, but it's still thhe most fun I've had all year.

*The ostensible end being when the game opens up, as with most recent Marios.

Comment

Working...
              X