No announcement yet.

Lappartient's is a virtue? Pro Cycling 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This image of all the World Tour jerseys could be handy. It's going to be a challenging season to tell this lot apart at times.

Comment

Wonder if Stannard's injured? He hasn't raced since Valencia at the start of the month and isn't in the provisional line up for anything in the next couple of weeks.

Always have Paris - Nice as the proper start to the season as it's the first race riders will reasonably have as a specific target. Anyone who's capable of winning Het Nieuwsblad should really have their sights on something bigger.

Comment

I'm more than willing to subscribe to this view. The first race that I really look forward to is Strade Bianche, which of course is the same weekend as Paris-Nice, just for different folks.

I presume you don't see much point in anything after Lombardia?
        Last edited by Kevin S; 20-02-2018, 12:39.

Comment

Oh yeah, end of the season is whichever is the later of Lombardia or Paris - Tours.

Comment

Should I fire up the Fantasy League again shortly then?

Comment

Yes please, though I'll probably first go in for the Giro myself. I'll message Toro when it's up and running if you like.

Comment

For. Fuck's. Sake.

Cav taken out by a car seemingly brake-testing the peloton in the neutral zone in the Abu Dhabi Tour. Apparently he fell on the shoulder he broke in the TdF last year, and has abandoned.

https://twitter.com/mechergui_hazem/status/966245497135656960

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
                  Should I fire up the Fantasy League again shortly then?
                  Yes please! Just thought of this when I saw the email from road.cc saying that the Spring Classics competition is open now.

It looks like it's still 8 competitions to play in the free version.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                    Yes please! Just thought of this when I saw the email from road.cc saying that the Spring Classics competition is open now.

It looks like it's still 8 competitions to play in the free version.
                    What are the 8 that are free? I'll play them to try to create some competition. I'd be chuffed not to finish last.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      What are the 8 that are free? I'll play them to try to create some competition. I'd be chuffed not to finish last.
                      You pick which ones that you want to sign up for.

The main ones that most people go for are:

1. Spring Classics
                      2. Giro
                      3. Tour de France
                      4. Vuelta
                      5. Worlds

That leaves 3 more competitions to play. Criterium du Duaphine is its own stand alone competition, from what I recall, most people sign up for that. There's also Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico. Tour of Britain is also popular I believe, I've never entered it. I usually do the Tour of California though I think I may be the only one.

Comment

Jesus Christ

I didn't see it happen, but there was word going around that a lot of the cars have the automatic braking system, and if they don't disengage that, then as soon as a bike rider comes close, it brakes," Renshaw told reporters who had congregated by the Dimension Data team cars after stage 1 of the Abu Dhabi Tour.
                        RCS has since confirmed this. They should be on the hook for compensation to Cav and Dimension Data.

Comment

OTF league is live now:

fantasy.road.cc/

League ID to join is 78309 - all welcome as always.

Feel free to message Toro if you can Kev.

Comment

Thanks Gawpus, request to join the league sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              Thanks Gawpus, request to join the league sent.
                              Same from me.

Comment

In and in.

Comment

Michael Valgren Andersen takes off from an elite pack with 2 km left and wins Het Nieuwsblad when no one goes after him.

Another win for Astana, which hasn’t been able to pay any of its staff so far this season.

Comment

Feeling a bit hipster as I'm watching Kuurne Brussels Kuurne on Sporza, though this is cos I couldn't find an English language stream. Sunny but cold in Belgium, everyone is wearing leg warmers. Jasper Stuyven is attempting to repeat his solo win in this race the other year, he's got about 40 seconds with 27k left though the gap is coming down, will probably end in a sprint. Daniel Oss was also away with him but got caught by the peloton just before he reached the team buses, so he abandoned immediately. The commentators appeared rather amused by this.

Comment

Oss punctured as he was bridging to Stuyven

Modolo has gone down hard

Comment

And a Cofidis rider crashes at the same corner on the next lap of this circuit.

Comment

Groenewegen wins the sprint comfortably from Demare and Colbrelli after Julien Vermote was caught with 100m left.

Comment

QuickStep strangely absent from the run in. Rather a lost weekend for them.

Comment

Steppers trying the old one-two in GP Le Samyn today, Gilbert and Terpstra are taking it in turns to attack Direct Energie's Damien Gaudin who is the only rider able to stay with them. Terpstra is away at present with about 12k left. Last year's winner Guillaume van Keirsbulck has just been dropped from the group behind.

Comment

Terpstra and Gilbert for the 1-2 that reflects the fact that they brought an incredibly strong team for a race of that level.

Comment

Very wet in Tuscany, making Strade Bianche a mess.

Van der Breggen has ridden away from the field to win the women's race.

Comment

Van Aert (!) and Bardet with 22 seconds on a strong chasing group with 40 km to go

Should be fun

Comment

Working...
                                                    X