Lappartient's is a virtue? Pro Cycling 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh la la

I'm virtually certain that is the original Parc des Princes about 30 seconds into the montage.

Comment

The GOAT has landed.
      https://twitter.com/marianne_vos/status/1006412233537130496?s=19
      https://twitter.com/marianne_vos/sta...537130496?s=19

Comment

Strong field, equal prize money with the men's race, good media coverage so far (especially given the World Cup) - but it's rubbish that the organisers still can't provide live telly coverage. I get why they didn't do it in early editions of this race but we're into year five now, the event is firmly established and part of the World Tour, it gets big crowds and is popular with the riders. This seriously needs correcting next year.

Comment

This has to be the Frenchest thing I've seen/heard in a long time.
          As I often point out to my students (usually when teaching Amelie), accordions were introduced to France by Italian migrants, relatively recently in historical terms. Before that it was le cornemuse (bagpipes!) played by auld fellas in cafes.

Comment

The Cycling Podcast Féminin is hosting daily episodes for the Women's Tour, starting with a preview that came out yesterday.

Comment

Jolien d'Hoore takes her second win of the year in Southwold. Vos was 6th and the best-placed Brit was Hannah Barnes in 9th.

Tour of Slovenia gets underway today as well - a really nice race and it's got a good number of big-hitters again this year. Upgrade it to 2.HC at least, says I. Suspect the locals are hoping that Roglic takes the overall with that final 21km ITT.

Comment

Sprint today, though, with Cav, Groenewegen, Kittel, Ewan, Bonifazio, McLay and the Slovenian Marko Kump likely to be the contenders. 60km to go.

Comment

Uphill sprint in Switzerland goes to Diego Ulissi. Richie Porte now leads overall.
                  Last edited by Kevin S; 13-06-2018, 15:09.

Comment

Two crashes!

Comment

UAE Team Emirates double up this afternoon as, from the chaos, Simoni Consonni emerges to take his first ever pro win.

Comment

I hadn't previously noted Mitchelton Scott's take on the Belgian national champ's jersey, it's really nice.

Comment

Had a great day at the Women's Tour today, riding down to Framlingham for the start and then over to Southwold for the finish. I managed to get a good vantage point for both and had a good view of the aforementioned jersey sported by stage winner Jolien D'hoore.

I have a nice picture of her celebrating as she crossed the line but I'm buggered if I know how to share it here.

Ah, there we go. Thanks, longeared.
                          Last edited by Hot Orange; 13-06-2018, 21:08.

Comment

I use tinypic.com for photos on here - upload it and copy the URL.

Watching the highlights and I see there's some familiar features of Sweetspot races all present and correct. Firstly there's badly edited telly coverage with five minutes showing the fucking neutralised zone. Secondly there are silly "climbs" which are false flat really - this example being 800 metres at 1.8% through a park in Ipswich.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                              Watching the highlights and I see there's some familiar features of Sweetspot races all present and correct. Firstly there's badly edited telly coverage with five minutes showing the fucking neutralised zone.
                              But on the plus side, they showed my left arm.

Comment

Any distinguishing marks? Or do we just look for one that's hot and orange?

Comment

Shenanigans at the Route d'Occitanie (formerly La Route Du Sud), when Laporte almost beats team-mate Bouhanni to the win after they come close to touching in the sprint. Instead of celebrating the one-two they looked at each other afterwards. Bouhanni sounded pissed off in his post-race interview cos he's a macho jerk.

Saw some nice photos of Northants children cheering the Women's Tour as it went by, I'm glad they let them out of school for it.

Comment

Some of Europe is having its national championships this week/weekend, and some next week/weekend. There's a wiki page keeping track of who all the new jersey-wearers are:
                                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_n..._championships

Comment

Lots of repeat winners among the Men's Time Trial Champions so far

Comment

Coryn Rivera follows up on her Ovo Energy Tour win by taking the US Road Championship for the first time.

Comment

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/blog/...n=SocialSignIn

Britain's ITT championship race in Northumberland on Thursday.

Comment

Am I right in thinking there will be TV coverage/livestream of the GB Championships, or did I just imagine it?

(It might be better than watching Surrey march to victory at Scarborough)

Comment

Actually, I can answer my own question. It's live on the British Cycling website and Facebook page.

Comment

Cheers MOF!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZVQ...layer_embedded

The women's elite are nearly all out on the road now. U23 men and elite men to follow.

Comment

Hannah Barnes beats Alice Barnes to the gold.

Comment

I enjoyed that. U23s up next.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X