• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah! The Wolfpack strikes again.

Comment

Huzzah! Very nicely done Alaphilippe!

Comment

Best Flèche of the decade. Says he who watched the the last 15km.

Comment

That was as good a Fleche as I've seen even if it did end up with the familiar group charge up the Mur. Way better than Amstel was as well.

Was watching on Sporza after my Eurosport stream crashed and enjoyed the commentator getting suddenly very excited as the race crested the Mur and they realised Alaphilippe's move was going to stick. Thought Valverde was just positioned a place or so lower than he should have been, seemed to get stuck behind that Mitchelton rider just as they caught the final escapee.

Good day for French cycling, Pinot also took the lead in the Tour of the Alps.

Comment

https://twitter.com/flechewallonne/status/986584935543791618

Comment

Miguel Angel Lopez trying to steal Tour of the Alps from Pinot with 16km left in Innsbruck

Froome is cooked.

Comment

Pinot successfully marks Lopez and Pozzovivo in the run-in and wins the GC. Mark Padun takes the stage.

The Worlds are going to be a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Froome is cooked.
                  I initially read that sentence as saying something else.

Excellent race overall, now for Pinot to repeat that next month please.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Froome is cooked.
                    You've missed out an r.

Comment

He mentioned the research in one of his columns last year. I quite enjoyed seeing Jasper Stuyven being namechecked in the pages of WSC.

Comment

Van der Breggen continues her domination in the Ardennes, winning LBL quite easily.

It’s dry and quite warm (high 20s).

Comment

No coverage of the women's LBL, poor show.

I tipped Wellens for today but I thought it was going to rain. Belgium looks as annoyingly sunny as London.

Comment

Bob's doing the job! Watch his bicycle throb!

Comment

Yay! The Curse Of Schleck is dispelled!

Comment

Wonderful ride from Jungels. Very impressive by Woods. Alaphilippe did an incredible job marking the chasing pack

What a classics season for Quick Step

Comment

Had a nice day at the beach today so haven't seen any of the race. But I did notice something about my daughter's bucket:

Comment

Ben O'Connor, the 22 year old Aussie at Dimension Data, looks to be bloody good too. Came 11th in Catalunya, 7th in the Alps and 10th in the Australian national ITT.

EF Drapac's young Colombian, Daniel Martinez, is another having a great start to the year.

Comment

Hate Drapac's kit, though...

Harry Pearson's 'Tall Man in a Flat Land' (which I remember very fondly- funny travelogue around Belgium) had him being bought drinks in Oudenaarde due to a resemblance to some 60s-70s giant of Flemish cycling whose name escapes me

Comment

Tour de Romandie nicely set up after yesterday's prologue. Looks like both Roglic and Thomas are targeting the win - as others are of course - though I think today they will just be watching each other in the finale. The breakaway riders could take this and Gougeard may get the race lead.

Comment

Gougeard didn't quite have enough left in the tank, caught about 1500m from the end. Omar Fraile with a fine win for Astana; Roglic now the race leader.

Comment

This post from Podium Café, on who's been hot and who's not, is worth a quick read.

Spoiler: Quick-Step have been hot.
                                            https://www.podiumcafe.com/2018/4/25.../a-classic-run

Comment

De Gendt (with Nathan Brown) trying to keep a 5 minute advantage with 30km to go around Lac du Neuchatel.

Comment

https://twitter.com/procycletrumps/s...26499542884360
                                                https://twitter.com/procycletrumps/status/989526499542884360

Comment

A celebration to delight the sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                                                  X