No announcement yet.

Lappartient's is a virtue? Pro Cycling 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Dumoulin will be about 10 seconds ahead of Froome after the first stage tomorrow, it's a 20km TTT.

Groenewegen struggling on this ascent.

Comment

Astana, supported by Quick-Step, drilling it.

Poels off the back.

Comment

Ho ho, puncture for Poels (apart from the fact he was my tip to win the whole thing overall)

Comment

Alaphillippe and Wellens going very long here, and they've got clear.

Comment

Fuglsang has joined them; this has worked well for Quick-Step and Astana (and Lotto-Soudal). Can anyone chase these three down?

Comment

Izaguirre and Calmejane have also bridged over; not sure if the group is going to work well enough together.

Comment

Alaphillippe has looked really strong already in this race, he's doing so again today so it's difficult to know who might want to work with him. (Brian Smith makes a similar point as I type that)

Comment

Stick this finish in the Tour de France; it'd make for a lively stage finale in the opening week.

Comment

Hats off to Astana today: Friere, Fuglsang and ultimately Sanchez have played a blinder on this stage, with men to spare at the front to slow down the chase.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                      Stick this finish in the Tour de France; it'd make for a lively stage finale in the opening week.
                      Yeah, that was great fun. You could see Nibali or Bardet stealing a cheeky 20 seconds or so there.

Comment

"Hivert Au Printemps" headlines in the French press tomorrow, I hope.

Comment

I have to think that Cavandish came back too early. He crashed again in the Tirreno TTT and has concussion symptoms.

BMC win, as usual, but Sky got 15 seconds on Sunweb, 30 on UAE and 40 on Bahrain.

Comment

Cav's crash meant he's missed the time limit and has been eliminated.

The Women's Tour route has just been released. Main headline is that there will now be equal prize money with the men's race.

Comment

Gutted for Cav. Barely seems able to finish a race at the moment, let alone win one.

Poels won the Paris-Nice ITT to close the gap but Sanchez still leads. A lot of GC contenders within a minute though so the remaining stages should be interesting.

Meanwhile, part 2 of Lionel Birnie's Sky blog is up.
                              https://www.lionelbirnie.com/blog/20...m-sky-part-two

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                The Women's Tour route has just been released. Main headline is that there will now be equal prize money with the men's race.
                                It's great that the Tour of Britain (women's and men's) keeps coming to Suffolk. The Framlingham to Southwold leg will again be using many of my favourite weekend routes. Best book that day off.

Comment

Parts 2 and 3 of Birnie's blog on covering Sky are up.

Comment

Tirreno-Adriatico is up first today. Breakaway is Guy Sagiv (Israel Cycling Academy), Alexander Foliforov (Gazprom Rusvelo) & Jacopo Mosca (Wilier Selle Italia).

Commentator is indeed Carlton Kirby and there's about 70km to go.
                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 08-03-2018, 14:14.

Comment

A sprint expected with Kittel, Ewan, Gaviria and others set to contest this one at the end, and probably the final intermediate sprint with about 25km to go.

Comment

I liked Birnie's line "lots of boring waiting around with bursts of intense activity". That's not a bad summation of the sport in general.

Groenewegen has abandoned Paris-Nice through illness, though today is the last chance for the sprinters anyway.

Comment

Looked into the final few k of Tirreno just in time to see a crash split the peloton, happened too early for everyone to get the same time. Only about 40 riders left in the front group as Sagan and Caruso brush shoulders.

Comment

Katusha get their shit together for the first time this season and Kittel wins.

Comment

Made that look easy, but in truth they weren't really challenged much were they?

About 30km to go in Paris-Nice now with the break at 3:29, so I wonder if they can make it stick.

Comment

Oof, no, it's come down by over 30 seconds in the last 5km. The sprinters want this.

Comment

WTF is Cousin playing at?

Comment

Weird, isn't it? Looks like he's waiting for a moment to launch a solo attack perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X