No announcement yet.

Lappartient's is a virtue? Pro Cycling 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about the Tour Series but I don't think that starts up until May. Their website is still a bit bare:

http://www.tourseries.co.uk/venues/

Comment

Viviani wins today's sprint in Dubai, another messy affair on some huge wide highways. Kirby got VERY SHOUTY in excitement when Cav got involved in the finish, though he faded away to about fifth. Groenewegen finished fast so expect he kept the race lead.

Comment

GB Track Cycling Worlds squad includes two amateurs.

Comment

Gaviria wins again at Oro y Paz

Quick Step once again building a bank of wins early in the season

Comment

"CAV'S BACK KERPOW" screams Kirby as the Manxman wins his first race for almost a year. Right chaotic sprint (again) as everyone ended up giving each other leadouts. Bonuses will have been shared around all over the place so no-one has a great deal to defend on the queen stage to that dam tomorrow.

Comment

Exciting finale coming up in Dubai, Brandon McNulty of Rally is 1:14 clear with about 9k left. Astana keep chucking riders off the front as part of the chase. He's only 0.14 back on Viviani overall, he's picked up a time bonus of a second today, he could steal this race.

Comment

40 seconds with 1.5k to go, Bahrain are chasing furiously and McNulty is starting to tie up as he approaches the foot of the climb to the dam...

Comment

Oh no, the peloton flew past poor McNulty with about 100m left and Colbrelli won the stage.

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

I recommend the last four km of the penultimate stage of Oro y Paz

Comment

Bloody hell, that was good.

Saw an article earlier today by Philippa York suggesting Sky are subtly and carefully preparing to throw Froome under the bus. With performances like that from Egan Bernal you can see the team's future.

Comment

The final stage ends with another climb to 2200 meters

Quintana, Uran, Henao and Bernal are all within nine seconds on GC.

Comment

See one or two people came out to watch the race.

Comment

Track Cycling World Cup leg in London this December.

Comment

Vital Concept, which doesn't even have a full website yet, gets its first World Tour win with Bryan Coquard in Oman

They look rather like Bora to me

Comment

Ugh

Kirby is doing Ruta del Sol

Naessen with a great leadout for Modolo.

EF are having a good start to the season

Comment

Or not

Thomas Boudat of Direct Energie steals it on the barrier when Modolo sits up.

Comment

Groenewegen wins in the Algarve.

It is going to take a while for me to internalize which of the FDJ riders is the French road race champion and which one is the Dutch road race champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                        Should be an interesting season ahead for Groenewegen. At 24, he's only a year older than Gaviria and Ewan and has a similar number of wins to those two. I'd say that's the top three sprinters under 25 ahead of this season. I'd instinctively wanted to bracket Sam Bennett in there for some reason but he's actually the same age as Bouhanni and slightly older than Démare.
                                        Magnus Cort Nielsen, who has recently turned 25, says 'hello' with a win in Oman.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          Groenewegen wins in the Algarve.

It is going to take a while for me to internalize which of the FDJ riders is the French road race champion and which one is the Dutch road race champion.
                                          I find I get it right if I focus on the shoulders: blue for Les Bleus, red for the Dutch.

Comment

Yes, that is the key.

Comment

Modolo does not sit up early this time and wins in Herrera.

Comment

The new Team WIGGINS kit. Background of the image looks suspiciously similar to Sky Sports' promotional material.

Comment

I don't know what you mean...

Comment

Nice kit though.

We're almost into proper cycling season territory now, aren't we? Omloop on Saturday! And, in true Sky fashion, their two-time winner of the race Ian Stannard is not in their provisional squad for it.

http://www.omloophetnieuwsblad.be/si...nts_1902_2.pdf

No Sagan, either, who is having an early season break after the TDU before coming back for Strade Bianche.
                                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 20-02-2018, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X