No announcement yet.

Lappartient's is a virtue? Pro Cycling 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks smart, though potentially awkwardly transparent?

Comment

Turns out the 2017 Vuelta a Colombia was a horribly dirty race. Eight riders tested positive.

Comment

Astana have confirmed their 2018 squad and they've got several more riders than most, coming in with 30 pros, of which 10 are Kazakhs.

Comment

Giro d'Italia route presented. Confirmed the three Israeli stages. Zoncolan is back.

Comment

And Froome confirms he will compete!

Comment

And Froome's confirmed he's going to take part. Well, well.

Comment

I'm not surprised by his decision but I'm not a cycling expert. It's like a golfer or a tennis player wanting to hold all four majors at once but physically not possible oin the same season.

Is anyone going to boycott the Giro?

Comment

I have a feeling that there is a financial component to his decision.

I've been surprised over how little negative comment the Giro has engendered. Even the Emirati teams appear to be on board.

Comment

Of course the money and sponsorship that comes from this is going to influence his decision but Froome, to me anyway, comes across as a rider that knows his cycling history and what this means.

Comment

Wowsers. He's quite clear in The Climb how much he disliked his previous rides in the Giro, the irregular climbs and the freezing weather. He's shown in the Vuelta he can cope with the first of these but I wonder if we'll be seeing him in Milan-Sanremo or Strade Bianche getting used to the conditions. Probably not, but we can hope.

Comment

There was a story a while back that RCS were prepared to offer Froome a big start fee. Plus they've created a relatively undemanding route (as the Giro goes) and there's an extra week gap this year between the Giro and Tour thanks to the World Cup. Penny for Geraint Thomas's thoughts.

This year Thomas did Tour Down Under, Tirreno, Catalunya and Tour of the Alps as his Giro preparation. Landa did Ruta del Sol rather than TDU but then followed the same thereafter. Imagine Froome will follow a similar programme, possibly with the Herald Sun Tour as his season starter which he usually does to satisfy the sponsors.

Comment

The number going around in Italy is 2 million euro

Comment

RCS upset the Israeli authorities by, perhaps unwittingly, referring to the division and occupation of Jerusalem.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/isra...lem-reference/

Comment

And RCS have caved in, republishing everything with just 'Jerusalem'.

Comment

Tour de Yorkshire route announcement today. BBC Radio York has revealed that Mark Cavendish will be competing in the 2018 edition, which is great news.

Comment

I see Cav is travelling to this morning's presentation by train. That's brave given how regularly the ECML falls to pieces these days.

Here's the new Ag2r kit, including Bardet with his off-season hairy arms.

Comment

Quite a big reduction in the white section for them then. I've always liked the jersey... but the shorts, the shorts! (White shorts are even worse though, natch.)

Here's Lotto Soudal, with a bit of a tweak but the same overall idea as the past few seasons - addition of some lotto balls on the back and an m-shape rather than straight top line.

Comment

Steppers:

Comment

Darker blue, or is it just the lighting?

Comment

Darker blue. There's also a little wolf's head shape between the shoulders on the back.

If you want all the spiel - and who wouldn't - here it is:

Luxembourg Champion Bob Jungels and Paris-Roubaix winner Niki Terpstra modelled the kit that the team will proudly wear in the upcoming season.

Just like the wolf changes its hair but not its nature, so will the "Wolfpack" have a new kit to sport in 2018 while continuing to be driven by the same fierce winning mentality which has made Quick-Step Floors the most successful team of the past 15 years, with over 600 UCI victories.

For next season's jersey, Quick-Step Floors opted for royal blue and a smooth and elegant design which remains true to the team's heritage, but is also as sleek as possible and easily recognizable in a 200-man peloton.

Not only the design and the color are different, also a few elements have made their way on the back of the jersey, such as the name of the rider wearing the kit and the "Wolfpack" theme, which has become Quick-Step Floors' mantra ever since sports director Brian Holm coined it a couple of years ago.

"It's a really beautiful jersey, elegant and a bit more vintage than in the last years. I love it! I also like how 'The Wolfpack' has become a visual thing now and is part of the jersey. It's already a sign, a symbol of our team, it's unity and I think that it represents the squad really well. I'm super excited about the new kit and I can't wait to show it in my first race of next year", said Luxembourg Champion Bob Jungels.

The clothing is produced by technical sponsor Vermarc Sport, who has been with the team since 2003 and will continue at the side of Quick-Step Floors in this new and exciting chapter that will soon unfold, after signing a two-year contract extension, to the delight of both Marc Verbeeck and Patrick Lefevere.

"Straight from the start of the team, my father, Frans Verbeeck, was convinced that the collaboration would be a big opportunity for Vermarc Sport. From that day until now, the partnership became a fruitful win-win situation for both parties with a big emotional value", said Marc Verbeeck.

"Because of the long-term relationship, the alliance does not feel like a pure business deal. The contacts with the team became more and more familiar, there's direct feedback from the staff and the riders towards Vermarc Sport and this helps us to optimize the current products and to develop new cycling apparel. Another big advantage is that the name Vermarc Sport is exposed everywhere in the cycling world. As partner of one of the biggest cycling squads, our brand grew combined with the image of the team", concluded Vermarc Sport's CEO.

"We feel fortunate to be able to present our 2018 outfit together with Vermarc Sport, who once again makes sure our riders will be clothed with state of the art cycling apparel. Wearing blue is how we are recognized in the bunch, just as we want it to be. We are an aggressive team, a winning team, and we don't want to hide in the bunch", said Patrick Lefevere referring to the new agreement and team kit. "Vermarc Sport has been part of the team since its inception. It is a story of mutual benefits in which we help them in developing and optimizing their products through continued feedback and they help us going faster on the roads. And with the team's success Vermarc Sport has of course enjoyed great exposure worldwide along with our other sponsors."
                                          Last edited by Kevin S; 07-12-2017, 15:55.

Comment

I a wolf changing its hair a Belgian saying do you think?

Comment

Google sez Latin. A new one on me, though, too.

Comment

It’s a fox, and fur/pelt

Full discussion in Italian

Comment

Bora Hansgrohe

Another more distinctive and better designed kit.

Comment

Geraint Thomas: Team Sky cyclist to listen to other teams' offers

Comment

Working...
                                                    X