Words I always type wrongly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    We didn't have student emails when I was at the University of Manchester. You're all very young.

(Well, I suppose the kids in the Computer Science department might have done).
    You can't be that old if you went to the University of Manchester. The merger with UMIST was only in 2004. #pedantry

Comment

Calender.
      Secruity.

Comment

Back when I worked in public health there was one letter you ALWAYS made sure was present when writing "public health". People who made that mistake were mocked mercilessly.

Comment

I can't imagine what's embarrassing about working in a public heath.

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
          You can't be that old if you went to the University of Manchester. The merger with UMIST was only in 2004. #pedantry
          That was during my time there (I started in 2003), and I can assure you anyone referring to the university I began my course at by saying they were studying at the Victoria University of Manchester would have been (rightly) called a twat. And they used 'University of Manchester' in all their promotional material prior to 2004.

Comment

My fingers keep typing jion instead of join when I'm writing SQL. I assume that it's 'cause they're usied to the -ion construct.
            Last edited by Gangster Octopus; 31-10-2017, 11:16. Reason: And to prove my point that my fingers have their own mind...

Comment

Infromation.

This is less of a problem than it used to be when I was an Infromation Manager, running an Infromation Line, offering Infromation & Advice, etc, etc.

Comment

Remeber - at least an 80% failure rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Also hitting the ; instead of the '
                  Ah yes, wouldn;t you know it that/s one I;ve had an occasional problem with for years. There;s a whole bunch of other regular errors I make as a result of tpyography even though I know perfectly well how to spell the words, I just can't remember* any offhand. Will have to come back to this thread as soon as I run across one, I can tell.

Haha, that wasn't a deliberate 'typography' error, either.

Edit: D'oh, Logan's post has immediately reminded me that "remeber" is one of them.
                  Last edited by Various Artist; 31-10-2017, 11:17.

Comment

My keyboard has a US layout for some reason and thus I had to adjust Windows to match as although I'm not a slow typist by any means, I can't touch type to save my life.

Muscle memory, however... I'm always hitting the " key when entering email addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                      Remeber - at least an 80% failure rate.
                      I can type the word, the 80% failure rate comes when I need to perform the activity.

Comment

Working...
                      X