No announcement yet.

Sexual Harassment at Westminster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damien Green has called in libel lawyers.

If Kate Maltby has the text messages she referred to, that might not be a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      Rather you didn't.
      Thought that would be the case.

Comment

It's well worth looking at the spreadsheet if you haven't. Boris has an NDA allegedly and apparently, I wonder when that's going to come out.

There seems to be enough there to bring about resignations and by-elections.

Comment

The language used on the list is hilarious in part. Particularly about the disgraced former Defence Secretaries.

Comment

A by-election in Boris Johnson's seat would surely bring forth a world record number of campaigners and canvassers to unseat him. Every single hand to the fucking pump for that one.

Comment

The spreadsheet seems to only have one or two genuinely juicy things.

A lot of the others are either

- "Had an affair" or "Used prostitutes", which I think we all should agree are not relevant to an MP's job.

or, mostly, the very ill-defined

- "Innapropriate behaviour with women", which - until we know more - could be anything from putting a hand on Julia Hartley Brewer's knee, which might deserve a little slap from Julia, but is not disqualifying; through asking subordinates out on dates, which is legal but always raises questions about the power dynamic and what is coercion; all the way through to the full Harvey Weinstein.

Comment

The spreadsheet's purpose is not, remember, to diligently record genuine cases of sexual harrassment and assault, but to give the whips enough shit on their underlings to keep them in line. It doesn't mean that it would necessarily include all complaints

Comment

One of the three women apparently behaved inappropriately "before and after her divorce". What difference does her divorce make?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                    Damien Green has called in libel lawyers.
                    I presume he's not done it by email.

Comment

If the spreadsheet's genuine, then Fallon was a blackmail risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                        I presume he's not done it by email.
                        Ha ha.

Comment

One MP is apparently on video being pissed on by three men, but I don't see how that's a sackable offence provided he showered between the piss session and kissing the baby while opening the new Tescos

Comment

Interesting to see that the MP who was accused of rape is named as having a long history of inappropriate behaviour with male researchers.

Comment

I think we should all take turns by writing a name and then somebody else writing a comment which in now way what so ever relates to the person named.

Would that work Snake?

Comment

Interesting to see that the MP who was accused of rape is named as having a long history of inappropriate behaviour with male researchers.
                                Good report on his trial here.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ans-fell-apart

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                  They seem to match. Perhaps not a smoking gun here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                    Please Gove next, please Gove next..

Fucking Johnson will get away with just about anything. The fucker would probably try to bluff and bumble and quietly threaten his way through a murder rap.
                                    He's not on this list.

Comment

Gove? Surely Johnson is on every kind of shitlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                        Gove? Surely Johnson is on every kind of shitlist.
                                        Yep. Sorry but I should have deleted Johnson to make it clearer.

Gove is not on the list but Johnson is with an NDA.

Comment

Well, I guess we now know how far people are willing to go to preserve Brexit.

Comment

Yep. Sorry but I should have deleted Johnson to make it clearer.

Gove is not on the list but Johnson is with an NDA.
                                            What's an NDA?

Comment

Non disclosure agreement

(I think)

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                                What's an NDA?
                                                I'm not the only one then. I could only come up with Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.

Comment

Non Dairy Alternative?

Comment

A non disclosure agreement. Usually suggesting that a legal settlement has been reached which may or may not involve compensation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X