What a Maroon! — 100 Years of NHL 2017-18 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Maroon! — 100 Years of NHL 2017-18 season

The end of next month marks the National Hockey Leagues centenary. Woo hoo!

So they deserve a new thread. It also gives Ursus the opportunity to reconsider his Canucks prediction as, after ten games, its clear the Western Conference final will come down to a battle royal between the Nux and Vegas Knights.

Couldn't leave good enough alone, eh?

Comment

No siree. I got my place on Georgia Street staked out ready for the parade.

Comment

I think Vegas might have the best 1-2 goaltenders in the league. Even though they are both currently injured. And their 3rd string was in goal for the win over the Blackhawks.

Oh, and they won't win it.

Comment

No they won't. And neither will the Canucks. Fans of both should be over the moon if they're even in shouting distance of the playoffs come April. But it's not April, it's October and time for dreaming.

Comment

GIVE JOHN TAVARES ALL OF THE MONEYS ALREADY, PLS.

Comment

The US Olympic sweaters are awful

Comment

Those sweaters symbolize my opinion of hockey these days. Really, really lost interest the last couple years.

Comment

Never realized you were a Molson . . .

Comment

Canada's jerseys :

Comment

Broadly decried until the US efforts were released an hour later

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Never realized you were a Molson . . .
                        More of a Subban, really. That trade really broke my back. Plus I don't have the hockey channel here anymore (and the Montreal sports radio station I used to listen to frequently - they even put game broadcasts up on iTunes - did some funky stuff to make accessing it harder). And my son killed my ability to stay up for Saturday night HNIC. I maybe watched three games last year.

Comment

Not sure if this has been covered :

Champions Hockey League: Nottingham Panthers hope to continue European fairytale

They lost the away leg 3-1 so are still in the tie.

Comment

It's remarkable that they've gotten that far.

The British teams have impressed the Continental hockey media this year.

Comment

BTW, I assume that Amor was referencing these guys in the thread title

and not this guy

Comment

I was. Though in doing so I was attempting to play with the NHL's origins, without realising The Maroons weren't a founding team. But I couldn't come up with a thread title involving The Wanderers.

Comment

Or this guy:

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    The US Olympic sweaters are awful

Flaming hot salty garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                      More of a Subban, really. That trade really broke my back. Plus I don't have the hockey channel here anymore (and the Montreal sports radio station I used to listen to frequently - they even put game broadcasts up on iTunes - did some funky stuff to make accessing it harder). And my son killed my ability to stay up for Saturday night HNIC. I maybe watched three games last year.
                                      Get into college hockey. Come for a visit and we can go together.

Comment

Hockey players seem to have a knack for making the wrong political choices.

Comment

I ought to put the FreeSports live broadcast games in this thread...

Sun 23.00 - Colorado at New York Islanders
                                          Tue 00.00 - Columbus at New York Rangers
                                          Tue 18.55 - Nottingham vs Zurich (Champions Hockey League)
                                          Thu 01.00 - Boston at New York Rangers

Comment

I'm all about the Bolts this year. My nephew has inherited the trait of my brother and I of caring too much about sports, so I want one of his teams to win. He seems very anxious lately - he was upset about the Dodgers losing and is beside himself about Penn State football. I fear we've ruined him.

Comment

Second legs of the Round of 16 matches in the Champions Hockey League this week, high quality, commentary-free streams of the matches not being televised on Premier Sports available on their website

Tappara scored two minutes in to reduce their aggregate disadvantage against fellow Finns JYP to 3-2

Comment

Saw a kid walking around town with one of these today

Even as a francophone-sympathetique Anglo, that is one purty hat live.

Comment

The Nottingham Panthers vs ZSC Lions game is live on Freesports at 7pm. Panthers are 3-1 down from the first leg.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X