• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tix for the biggie.

https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/1017333240888258561
    https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/1017333240888258561

Comment

England have been allocated the South stand and all the tickets are sold out. Some England fans appear to be a bit sore about this on the twitters, as though it's a home game or something.

Comment

And of course the SWNT have a huge game on the day before, 30 August at 7:35. They host Switzerland at St Mirren's ground:
        https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/sc...ley/?rid=14258

Though no ticket details yet, by the looks of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
          England have been allocated the South stand and all the tickets are sold out. Some England fans appear to be a bit sore about this on the twitters, as though it's a home game or something.
          I do sympathise cos a) segregation is definitely the exception in women's football and b) the FAW picked one of the smallest of the available grounds to host the game.

Equally, it's clear that football is the priority over selling as many tickets as possible and the FAW/Ludlow clearly view a partisan crowd as an advantage - which is of course their right.

Comment

The Red Wall membership thing is annoying. Pay £15 to get first dibs on tickets. Or wait and... there are no tickets left.

If anyone has any spares going I'll happily but one or two off you.

Comment

tbh at £5 a ticket, £15 membership is not exactly unreasonable. Reckon there's almost certainly gonna be loads of spares though as the tickets are so cheap

Comment

When did you try to buy, Patrick? They were available for a good 24hrs or so, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  When did you try to buy, Patrick? They were available for a good 24hrs or so, I think.
                  They sold out within 24 hours of going on sale to members didn't they?

Comment

I thought Patrick said he was a member, on rereading his post now I realise I may have been mistaken.

Comment

No I haven't signed up again. I had the 'season ticket' for the last qualifying campaign.

I'll probably just watch on Sgorio.

Comment

The Guardian is briefly deigning to mention Wales WNT (after studiously ignoring them throughout the group stage) to say playing in Rodney Parade is a "missed opportunity to grow the game" (a missed opportunity for what, you might ask, given the previous article about England boldly assured everyone that the Lionesses were "cruising to qualification").

There's a clear message from the players, though, that they want the game to be at Newport.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          The Red Wall membership thing is annoying. Pay £15 to get first dibs on tickets. Or wait and... there are no tickets left.

If anyone has any spares going I'll happily but one or two off you.
                          Heads up there's a few people with tickets spare on the Welsh International forum
                          http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards....rld-cup?page=9

Comment

Cheers BLT!

BBC ALBA are showing both of Scotland's remaining games - Switzerland at home tomorrow evening, Albania away on Tuesday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                              Heads up there's a few people with tickets spare on the Welsh International forum
                              http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards....rld-cup?page=9
                              Ah cheers BLT. I've got other plans now and it's on BBC2 if those fall through.

Comment

I should have mentioned before now that one of my most long-standing friends works with Laura O'Sullivan and got a bit weirded our when I started raving about her exploits against England.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45356686

Jayne Ludlow playing down Phil Neville's "grudge match" talk.

Comment

I wonder how many tickets would’ve been sold had the game been played at somewhere like Cardiff’s ground? Have Wales actually missed an opportunity?

A packed Rodney Parade always strikes me as pretty edgy (having that many Newportonians in one place is not for the faint-hearted, after all) but is that why it was selected or were there simply no other feasible options?

Comment

The FAW very deliberately chose a small ground which would be packed rather than risk a larger stadium being half empty or worse (the crowd was less than 3000 for the recent qualifier at The Liberty). The players supported that decision I believe, I do too.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-08-2018, 18:20.

Comment

Also, had a larger stadium been picked we might have had the away support outnumber the home fans.

Comment

SWNT are 2-1 up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                            SWNT are 2-1 up.
                                            This really isn't helpful for Wales. Sort it out Scotland

Comment

Group 2 Denmark were held to an incredibly unlikely draw to bottom of the group Croatia, but sadly it won't help Wales as results v last place are disregarded. Nadia Nadim got an incredibly irritating 90 + 2 minute equaliser to keep Croatia at the bottom of the group.

If Scotland's result stays as it is, Wales will probably need Iceland to take no more than one point from two games against Germany and Czechia if they fail to beat England.

Comment

10 to go... keep it together Scotland...

Comment

Working...
                                                X